Brenspeed…now in Texas…re-tuned Bluebonnet

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
http://www.brenspeed.com/brenspeedtexas.html

For years I've put up with throttle lag and a transmission that just didn't shift correctly for a level 10 built tranny.

Well Hawgman (Doc) tuned (pardon the pun) me onto the fact that Brenspeed is now in Texas in Cedar Hill.

I got them to retune Bluebonnet. Holy shit Batman. It is like driving a totally different car. Unfucking believable. The throttle response is so good that when I got in and mashed the gas for the first time, I broke the damn back end loose in the parking lot--un-intentionally! What a ride now!! Now it acts like it has a super charger on it.

So if you live in Texas, especially around Dallas, they're down in Cedar Hill where all the TV transmitters are located. They flat know what the fuck they're doing. I can't ask for a better running car than I have now!

I flogged the piss out of it yesterday on the frontage roads of George Bush Turnpike. I flogged it so bad, I got the tranny fluid hot and it burped some out in the bell housing and scared the piss outta me when I saw a big puff of white smoke!!!

So I started the cure for that today. I ripped out that shitty OEM tranny cooler that is only 4" high, 21" wide and 3/4" thick and am replacing it with one that is 18" high, 24 inches wide, and 1.5" thick! Reckon that will cool it? If not, I'll add another one at the rear of the car with a damn fan on it!

But kudos to Brenspeed. I put their link up at the top so anyone interested could see their new Texas address. We put a new belt on the car and a Steeda Tensioner, but all in all the retune fixed her ass good!!! She now feels like Blue Angel, my Shelby GT500!!!

New numbers for the tune are 415 RWHP and 388 RWTQ. Not very different from what I had running 8psi, but holy shit the response and drivability are unbelievable compared to the shit tune I had in there.

What I like about it is that they took this good tune and made me 3 separate tunes:

1. Street tune: normal OD function and OD OFF function with TQC lockup on both.

2. Street tune 2: normal OD function and OD OFF function but TQC locks with OD OFF immediately after 3-4 shift. Instant lock after 4th gear.

3. Race Tune: OD OFF: Shifts 1-2; LOCKS TQC instantly, then does 2-3 and 3-4 shift with TQC locked. Can't wait to try this one out as soon as I get the cooler installed.

Anyway they just opened in Texas and they have one fucking very happy customer right here!!!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new tune. When did they open the shop here?

What kind of dyno do they have? Mustang, dynojet, loaded or unloaded?

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Didnt Brenspeed open up in DFW last year? Or was that just the retail side?

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
Any links to the cooler you plan to install? I've been looking into getting either a new cooler or adding a second one in addition to the stock cooler.

Does anyone know if the transmission (5r55s) will be able to pump all the way back to the trunk to a cooler without pressure issues?

You need to get a catch can for the transmission to allow the fluid to expand back. I'll post a pic of what I did with mine.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Nice to know as I am not happy with my current tune and have considered the 4 hour road trip to Brenspeed. Under light acceleration, how's lock up transition? Asking because I have the same converter and my biggest gripe is the pronounced transition when it locks.

MikeVistaBlue06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice to know as I am not happy with my current tune and have considered the 4 hour road trip to Brenspeed. Under light acceleration, how's lock up transition? Asking because I have the same converter and my biggest gripe is the pronounced transition when it locks.

You can still feel it when it engages, but it is like another gear going into place as far as I feel it. Doesn't bother me. I think it is the nature of that TQC.

Mike

MikeVistaBlue06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any links to the cooler you plan to install? I've been looking into getting either a new cooler or adding a second one in addition to the stock cooler.

Does anyone know if the transmission (5r55s) will be able to pump all the way back to the trunk to a cooler without pressure issues?

You need to get a catch can for the transmission to allow the fluid to expand back. I'll post a pic of what I did with mine.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

This big fucker here!

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...13&keyword=transmission+coolers+&+accessories

If that don't keep it cool, nothing will.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back