Brenspeed B302 Build and alot of other goodies

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, this is the hood installed. I really digs the super snake stripes alot. Have been thinking about doing my with the solid stripe once I get the car back and get the hood painted.
B8WUwJgEGkKGrHqNg0EyrwpLPRQBM2UejwKw0_12.jpg

afterthoughtsauto_2142_66548943.jpg

Yeah Chandler hooked me up with a cover, does not look half bad. I really even like the hood with the hole in it. Might even check around and see what it might take to make a Plexiglass cover for it to seal it up. Would be like the ZR1 hoods on the corvettes.
P2230153.jpg

To be Honest with you I really like the way your Hood is now where you see right through it.
Shows the Saleen up really well.
And I don't think it would be a major thing to do the Plexiglass piece.
Something to consider for sure.

Have to say thought that I like the New Trufiber Hood a lot.
Not to Shabby Big Guy. :thumb:
Especially if you do the Stripes you mentioned.

Either way it will be a Bad Machine.
bigbeer.gif

tigerhonaker

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
To be Honest with you I really like the way your Hood is now where you see right through it.
Shows the Saleen up really well.
And I don't think it would be a major thing to do the Plexiglass piece.
Something to consider for sure.

Have to say thought that I like the New Trufiber Hood a lot.
Not to Shabby Big Guy. :thumb:
Especially if you do the Stripes you mentioned.

Either way it will be a Bad Machine.
bigbeer.gif

tigerhonaker

Thanks, I know alot of people are not crazy about the Mach 1 hood. I think it looks sweet with the stripes, aslong as the person I get to paint it can do a good joob with the lines and curves of it.

I believe I am going to just keep both hoods and swap them around when I feel the mood... LOL
I definitely think the hood with plexiglass would be really cool and different, one off show piece. Just need to find away to seal it and make it look good.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep me too, with ported heads and open exhaust it will be hard to say how much boost it will make. Been begging Brent to run the 2.75 pulley or 2.8 on the Saleen with the 18% overdrive. He has been very reluctant as not wanting to damage the supercharger by over-spinning it and causing a failure. Which I can understand, I really don't want to have to buy a new supercharger right now... LOL...

I guess I Will have to wait and see, he knows that I would love to see 600 RWHP with it. :beerdrink:
That is why ended up with the 10% overdrive and the 2.8 Pulley.
So as not to "Overdrive" the Saleen.
I think in my case since I am not trying for Max numbers I will take his advise and leave mine where it is.

I know that the Saleen Extreme with all the mods it has went 585 RWHP.

In any case I am still of the opinion your Mustang driven on the street is going to be a "Hand-Full" for sure.

I know mine will get just really Crazy from a Stop if I Mat-It and it continues to get Crazy until 3rd gear.

So I'm good to go.

But I hope you get what you want and in the end I think regardless of the final numbers you will be Happy.
There are not all that many people that have a Mustang that looks as good as your's and especially with the Power it is going to have for a street driven Mustang.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I know alot of people are not crazy about the Mach 1 hood. I think it looks sweet with the stripes, aslong as the person I get paint it can do a good joob with the lines and curves of it.

I believe I am going to just keep both hoods and swap them around when I feel the mood... LOL
I definitely think the hood with plexiglass would be really cool and different, one off show piece. Just need to find away to seal it and make it look good.
We are of the same Mind-Set on the Hoods. :thumb:

tgerhonaker

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the troubles that you had. The idea of the delay must be a heart breaker. But you will be happy later on with the finished product. Plexiglass insert FTW. That motor is just too pretty to hide now. I can't wait for what used to occupy that space to arrive so I can enjoy the shaker.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
That is why ended up with the 10% overdrive and the 2.8 Pulley.
So as not to "Overdrive" the Saleen.
I think in my case since I am not trying for Max numbers I will take his advise and leave mine where it is.

I know that the Saleen Extreme with all the mods it has went 585 RWHP.

In any case I am still of the opinion your Mustang driven on the street is going to be a "Hand-Full" for sure.

I know mine will get just really Crazy from a Stop if I Mat-It and it continues to get Crazy until 3rd gear.

So I'm good to go.

But I hope you get what you want and in the end I think regardless of the final numbers you will be Happy.
There are not all that many people that have a Mustang that looks as good as your's and especially with the Power it is going to have for a street driven Mustang.

Terry

Yep can't wait to get to drive it again. It ran awesome for the 70 miles that I got to drive it.... LOL

Brent is the man when it comes to tuning a Mustang, I know he will do what is best for me and I know he wants me to be happy with the results.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the troubles that you had. The idea of the delay must be a heart breaker. But you will be happy later on with the finished product. Plexiglass insert FTW. That motor is just too pretty to hide now. I can't wait for what used to occupy that space to arrive so I can enjoy the shaker.

Thanks, yeah it was a let down to have it break. But glad it happened then and not later down the road. Got the top guys working on it to get it fixed right now.

Yeah I think the plexiglass would be very cool. just need to find way to do it and have it seal and look professional.

The shaker should be on its way any time now, left it with Brenspeed and Chandler is going to send it out to you from their shop. They are going to included a template and instructions with it to help you out with the install. I know you will be pleased with it as I was. I will check with him at the start of the week and see what is going on with it. :thumb:

P2220090.jpg

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Cool deal. Just make sure they take the trim off the hood and put it in that box of parts. That would suck to not get that.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Cool deal. Just make sure they take the trim off the hood and put it in that box of parts. That would suck to not get that.

Yeah no problem, we talked about it before I left. They are ethier going to give you the one off my car or a new one. As the one on my car has been stuck on with the 3M tape that comes with the kit. So I will see what they did on Monday.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome. You're the man. I only wish it was sent out on Friday because Brenspeed Parts arrive exactly one week after they are shipped to my location. Bummer for me, but out of your control. Thanks again and I hope your car is perfect when completed. Brenspeed kicks ass in all phases of what they do, start to finish, no exceptions. #1 customer relations!

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Awesome build! I really wanna hear that exhaust set up. Are those SLP loudmouth1s or Loudmouth2s?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I ran those exact ones for a while, I always wondered what those would sound like with the prochamber.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
And here I am bitching about gas going up to $4, mofo's are ballin out of control!

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice build. That ride of yours has to be insane loud with the exhaust setup.

Very loud, its is basic straight exhaust.

thats a sweet car man and thats good that they put you up in a rental car and everything

Brenspeed it a very good company. That is why I drove 10 hours to them to get my Mustang worked on. Most would say that is crazy, but not if they do quality work and stand behind it.

There customer service it the best :thumb:

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Brent runs a top notch company. Sorry to hear about the problems with your build. I know they will get it right for you.
What tranny are you putting in? Is that the stock trans just cleaned up?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back