Building a New House!!!

05yellowgt

Reaction score
My wife and I signed paperwork to have a new house built! We have our current house to sell still so we are on a contengency contract, but we wanted to lock in the prices as they have been going up a lot lately. We already have a pre-approval from the bank so the only thing to do is get our current house sold.

I currently live in Dayton, OH and we are moving about 30 minutes south of Dayton. Good schools, low property tax rates and in a quiet area. The house is a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath house is just shy of 2,600 square feet with a full but unfinished basement.

This is a pic of the elevation that we selected.
thumbs_whitman-grandevista-elev_630.jpg

We tried to be as smart as we could about selecting the right balance of basic and add on items. We got the seperate soaker tub and shower, but elected to go with their standard shower surround instead of the tiled version. I can do that on my own for a lot less than they would charge in a year or two. We also got standard flooring in all the bathrooms so I can just tile over it later. We did get the hardwood floors we wanted for the first floor and upgraded carpet padding. We skipped on the finished basement too for now.

We are planning this on being our long term home to raise the twins in and we are all excited to go through the building experience.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
No mention of a garage?? Seriously though, good luck as building a house can be fun along with a PITA. I could list a wide range of other things to think about, but low voltage wiring could be a minimal expense now and make your life a lot easier down the road with everything from cable/power receptacle placement for wall mounted TVs, to speaker wiring, cat 5 for internet, etc.

Good luck with selling your current place and getting this project underway!

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It will have a 2 car garage as well. Thought about 3rd car option, but it just wasn't in the cards price wise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back