Building/buying our first house!

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by CammedS197, Dec 26, 2017.

1. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Hahaha I hear you! We have been packing up everything and breaking all the furniture down the last 2 weeks. We are so ready to move lol. I've got an enclosed trailer ready to drop off over half of our stuff lol.

Thanks. We cannot wait! House is packed up and ready to move already haha. Luckily we do not have a lot of stuff since we are still gathering that stuff since we are young and barely starting our lives out haha. But should be closing in 3 weeks. Estimated is the 26th I believe. But the inside is now done except for the cleaning and door knobs. Power is on and running and the AC has been tested also.

All that is left overall is:
    - drill for sprinkler well
    - lay sprinkler system and grass date for this is no later than April 13th
    - plant the trees and shrubs along with the grass
    - door handles
    - cleaning date is the 3rd tomorrow
    - screen for the porch
    - appliances

That is all I believe. We have carpet and everything else now. The garage door has its opener. Got a driveway and walkway now as well. So close I can taste it! We will be painting before we settle everything in. I'll have the wife send me pictures from Friday. Also have all toilets and sinks and tile.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Head PooBaa of the Asylum Staff Member

I really like the exterior look and paint color. Nice choice!

3. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Thank you. I will let the wife know lol. She did it all

4. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Here is the latest. House is complete. Waiting on the CO then close soon!

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6366.JPG

IMG_6369.JPG

IMG_6370.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

5. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8

Looks great. Congrats!

6. Snakethat

Snakethat forum member

Looks good man. Nice home

7. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Thanks everyone. We finally closed yesterday and moved in all while Florida decided to pour on us lol. But we are beyond happy and the little guy is going nuts in it lol. Nice open floor plan. Does laps around the couch in the living room hahaha.

Time to paint all of the rooms now.

8. NUTCASE

NUTCASE forum member

Big congratulations from here man.

I am about to buy a house myself. Hopefully we are closing on the 25th. Its the reason why I sold my mustang 6mo ago and have been driving a 12yr old SUV for the last year. So I totally understand the effort, sacrifice, and years of good decision making that goes into it. I have been teaching my kids we didn't just wake up one day and say "hmmm, I want a house now, lets get one", it took years of good decision making.

A couple of years ago me and some local guys were talking about some guys we knew from about 10 years prior. They were a group of trashy LS1 F-body guys with planet sized e-personas. One guy mentioned about how ridiculous it was watching some guy with a basic LS build who sleeps in his friends shops closet try to e-bully a guy with a career, full retirement plan, 3 cars, and a 3000sqft house over a street race.

The significance of the 3000sqft house comment never really clicked until the last couple of months searching for, getting approved for, and buying a newly finished and updated 2100sqft house in a decent neiborhood.

9. NUTCASE

NUTCASE forum member

Right when I hit post right there my phone went off, I am cleared for closing. I will be making my own thread soon

10. CammedS197

CammedS197 forum member

Thank you and boy I know exactly what you mean! What a process. Even just to find the right house or builder you want. Over a year and finally there.

I will be looking out for your thread. I prefer the house then get the car and take your time and enjoy the build. I wish I had another car as my daily and not the 3v so I can actually start on it lol. But I don't yet. Work and school every day. Day starts at 6am and ends at 9:30pm.