• Keep it and build it

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Go for the GT500

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Still reckon its easier to brag by simply saying "It's a GT500" as opposed to "It's a Mustang GT but its got blah blah blah..." Haha...

Even bragging rights don't matter to me. I love telling people about what I have done to my car and they just say "damn, that's sick". Yea it may just be a simple turbo kit, but still amazes them. :thumb:

1FastS197

Reaction score
keep the GT and build the motor with some forged internals and you should be good to go!

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
i think the gt500 is a better collectors item, its more exclusive, looks better, more eye catching, engine has plenty potential, interior is killer and i think it holds its value better..

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
Still reckon its easier to brag by simply saying "It's a GT500" as opposed to "It's a Mustang GT but its got blah blah blah..." Haha...

I personally wouldn't explian anything...just let them ponder how the hell they got smoked by a measly Mustang GT.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your opinions! Keep them coming!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I can't believe that turbo kit of yours never sold. I say keep the GT and build the motor. You can easily make more power than that GT500 puts out stock and save yourself some coin every month. Either way.... It's a win, win.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
I can't believe that turbo kit of yours never sold. I say keep the GT and build the motor. You can easily make more power than that GT500 puts out stock and save yourself some coin every month. Either way.... It's a win, win.

We will see what happens. I have a local friend that's interested in it, but he doesn't have the money in hand yet. If he buys it, I'm selling the car and getting a beater car for a few months to save money with and have a nice down payment for something that I could make extremely fast :)

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I'm going to leave the debate up to you guys. I love my car to death and couldn't see myself driving any other type of car. It's been my baby for the past year almost, and has never given me any trouble. It only has an HP turbo kit on it right now w/ an upgraded S366 and I've been debating on building it and still keeping it a street monster. Only thing is that I started looking into the new 2011 GT500's and that insane aluminum block looks like a beast. I think that car is going to have some extreme potential with the right person working on it and would be interesting to see how it does w/ some bolt on's (+ I've always wanted a GT500). Anyway, I'll let you guys choose. Should I keep my car and build it, or start a new project w/ a new and improved car?

Wait for 2012 when the GT500 will run a twin turbo version of the new 5.0 motor.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Wait for 2012 when the GT500 will run a twin turbo version of the new 5.0 motor.

I heard about it, and that's also a debate, but we will see what happens. As of right now, since the twin turbo idea is still floating around for that, the '11 is looking promising..

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
We will see what happens. I have a local friend that's interested in it, but he doesn't have the money in hand yet. If he buys it, I'm selling the car and getting a beater car for a few months to save money with and have a nice down payment for something that I could make extremely fast :)

Thats cool, the GT500 is definitley capable of it with some simple bolt-ons

BlownAway05

still too slow
Reaction score
Tough decision. I debated this for a while. GT500 has a lot of plus side, new body style, status of a GT500, nice starting platform with the aluminum 5.4L, much more re-sell value.

In the end, because I know I would be taking the car to the drag strip all the time, I decided to keep my GT and will eventually build the motor. I know with the GT500, I would want to go a hell of a lot faster than 11.50 and it would be too hard for me to justify putting a roll cage in $50k+ car that I would still be making payments on (no car payment with my GT).

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Keep the 09, still dont like the 10+ rear end... you can build power, so far I have not seen the ugly fixed.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I don't tell 'em shit. Just let them sulk off trying to figure out how the fuck their $60-$80K Billy Bad Ass car just got the shit kicked out of it by a 3V Mustang GT.

So how deep is that rabbit hole, Alice?

Personally....I wouldn't want to be just another asshole in a Shelby.

BCisme

forum member
Reaction score
i had this dilemna 3 years ago. pay off my truck and buy a shelby, or build my GT.

i'm much happier with the shelby. If you want a Shelby, do it. If a Shelby isnt that big of a deal to you, build the GT. for me, it just didnt matter what i did to the GT, i still wanted an 07-09 GT500.

the only thing i miss is when ricers fucked with me, tried to race and blow off on me, and then finding out the hard way i had a big ass turbo backing up that macho cammed V8 sound.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back