built 4r70 for sale

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
Built 4r70w, freddy brown trans brake, manual valve body, comes with crossmember with poly mount (for 99-04), b&m deep pan, arp flywheel bolts, b&m flexplate, motor plate, factory wiring harness and harness to control trans brake, overdrive, and lock up....will support 1000whp. I bought this to put in my 02' but these trans will bolt up to any modular motor. willing to ship the trans if needed. local pickup is in 78641. the build is very fresh as you can see from the pics. has less than 20 passes on it. im a trustworthy seller and have multiple high dollar transactions here. this trans did come off a new edge mustang but as you know these 4r70 transmissions are well known and used in the s197 world. for what is listed here i am asking 2300obo and add 200 for shipping. if shipped i will put it in a heavy duty tuff box and on a pallet. not included in price but if your interested in the quarter stick shifter, (99-04) auto pedal assembly, torque converter (3500-3800) stall, or steering wheel guage holder (99-04) please send me a pm. willing to make an awesome package deal as well.
trans3.jpg

trans5.jpg

trans2.jpg

trans1.jpg

trans4.jpg

Last edited:

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
do you know what's done to it to make it "1000 rwhp" capable? Need an auto, been leaning towards a th400 but I like this price and the 4 speed.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
do you know what's done to it to make it "1000 rwhp" capable? Need an auto, been leaning towards a th400 but I like this price and the 4 speed.

the individual i purchased it from had all the bands/clutches upgraded, everything inspected , cleaned, and replaced as needed. he only sold the trans because he blew a head gasket and decided to go to the dark side (chevy swap). the unit has less than 20 passes on it. his car at the time was running 5.90's in the 1/8 and aroung 800hp. the reason i am selling is because i decided to go with a c4 instead and use some of the extra money to go to my fuel system (on my fox body)

Last edited:

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Im just finishing up a 4r70 build of my own...I am interested in the shifter, motor plate...possibly the flex plate and ARP bolts (are they used?)... if you will sell separately. If so will you provide me with some part numbers.

Thank you,

Bobby

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
Im just finishing up a 4r70 build of my own...I am interested in the shifter, motor plate...possibly the flex plate and ARP bolts (are they used?)... if you will sell separately. If so will you provide me with some part numbers.

Thank you,

Bobby

pm sent

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
part number on the flexplate is 50341
part number on the spacer/engine plate is F65E-6A373-EA
part number for the hurst quarter stick pistol grip shifter is 316-2014
the torque converter is from roadrunner and is 3200-3500 stall

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
What would be needed to put in a s197?

Trans bolts right up and most the items will work with the swap. You will need a new crossmember, driveshaft, and a couple other things possibly that I'm overlooking. There are several good threads on here that explains the whole swap.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
TTT, don't be scared to make an offer, I want to get it sold so I can move on with my fox build. I got a flawless itrader rating with big dollar sales from shortblock, heads, a couple mustangs, transmissions, etc. all on this forum.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
man if i was still building i wold get it from u. But gotta decide heads and cams or 4r swap. But then gotta find someone to buy my tr6060 setup

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
I honestly believe you would be much happier with a 4r70 swap rather than heads and cams. I see your already boosted too. Seen plenty use stock heads/cams with rediculous numbers. Not saying you wouldn't benefit from new ones as that would be a lie. Bet you could sale the 6060 stuff for nearly the same as you will invest on a 4r70 swap.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back