"Bump" limit

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
It seems that bumping threads, especially for sale threads, has gotten out of hand lately. Even in tech and chit chat, people expect their thread to be acknowledged and answered within hours of the original post. Is there any way to impose a limit on "bumping" one's thread?

In my opinion, bump your thread once every 24 hours. Give other members a chance to have their questions heard, or to have their for sale threads seen. Thoughts?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree. One bump per day is plenty.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i say one bump every other day in for sale threads. and unless its a life or death i need answers now kinda thing, one a day in tech

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once a day is the rule. Mods usually quickly shut down anyone bumping a sale thread multiple times a day.

Any other section, who cares.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I reviewed the rules and could not find a specific one for bumps. If someone knows where it is, please post the link here, thanks.

As to my comments, I think once every 12 hours for a tech thread is acceptable.

For sale threads, I don't have much issue if someone did it 2x a day as long as they were in say the early AM and very late PM (ie 6-7 am and 10-11 pm) to allow for those on the opposite coasts to get more play.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
one bump a day for sale threads is what i abide by and portray to users. There is no need for you to keep it on the front page. people actually search the for sale section, amazingly enough.....now if we can only get them to search the tech section.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Maybe I read it on another forum and just sort of applied it here. Was is possibly deleted when the "new" rules were implemented back in April?

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Boozshey, I thought the exact same thing. I called another member out on it, 4 bumps in one day, but I could not find the rule stating otherwise. So, I PM'd the higher-up's in hopes that they could shed some light, and there isn't a rule set in stone.

I can understand and be more lenient towards bumping non-sale threads, but even those get ridiculous when a member bumps it a few times a day when they haven't received an answer.

So, with the general consensus being that one bump a day is sufficient, maybe we can begin implementing this? I guess I can't see a reason why there isn't a rule on paper about it, regardless of what the actual details are.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
so wait, theres a second page in the for sale section?

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
SO, how come you called me a dick and not S197GT? I mean after all, he posted nothing more than BUMP in your bump limit thread... All I did was "lol" at the fact that he put BUMP in a "Bump Limit" thread.

and, just so everyone knows, I am the one CHIRON is referring to as the person that bumped his thread a lot. I told him if it states somewhere not to do that, then I would stop. If it didn't say that anywhere then I see no problem. Nothing is stopping other sellers from bumping their own threads. This is not a "pay to advertise items for sale" kind of website so "I" feel that people should be able to do what they need to do to keep their items in the "limelight" so to speak. Like I said, I told him to inform me of the rules stating how many times you could bump your own thread and he couldn't produce anything. Instead, he just calls me a dick one time.... um, make that two times if you count this thread.

I am by no means some random "dick" that likes to go around starting trouble. I am a 41 year old regular guy that is coming up on 19 years in the Army. I was just trying to get some items sold in the best way possible to put some money in the bank account. If you don't know, military members don't make anywhere near the amount of money that we should, especially compared to equivalent civilian jobs, but that is another story.

I do however have a big distaste for "internet tough guys" that like to talk smack behind their computer.... There is just no need for it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back