"Bump" limit

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, 1 bump every 24 hours is what I consider to be the limit.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
SO, how come you called me a dick and not S197GT? I mean after all, he posted nothing more than BUMP in your bump limit thread... All I did was "lol" at the fact that he put BUMP in a "Bump Limit" thread.

and, just so everyone knows, I am the one CHIRON is referring to as the person that bumped his thread a lot. I told him if it states somewhere not to do that, then I would stop. If it didn't say that anywhere then I see no problem. Nothing is stopping other sellers from bumping their own threads. This is not a "pay to advertise items for sale" kind of website so "I" feel that people should be able to do what they need to do to keep their items in the "limelight" so to speak. Like I said, I told him to inform me of the rules stating how many times you could bump your own thread and he couldn't produce anything. Instead, he just calls me a dick one time.... um, make that two times if you count this thread.

I am by no means some random "dick" that likes to go around starting trouble. I am a 41 year old regular guy that is coming up on 19 years in the Army. I was just trying to get some items sold in the best way possible to put some money in the bank account. If you don't know, military members don't make anywhere near the amount of money that we should, especially compared to equivalent civilian jobs, but that is another story.

I do however have a big distaste for "internet tough guys" that like to talk smack behind their computer.... There is just no need for it in my opinion.

HO'KAY, here we go.

I called you a dick because of what I took as facetious undertones in every response you've had to anything I say. If that was not the case, then I apologize for misinterpreting it, but it seemed as if you were trying to do nothing but prod me, thus the 'dick' comment. I made a lighthearted "stab" at you with my first comment, I meant no disrespect at all, I just called out something to you like I've done on a couple other occasions.

Are you the only person on this forum that bumps their threads more often than I think is reasonable? No, not at all, and I've made comments like that in the past. No harm intended, whatsoever. Like you said, if I could find a rule that stated otherwise, then I would have presented that to you. However, as a rule is not set in stone, I said nothing. Instead, I came here to make a suggestion to the forum that I thought would be beneficial.

I'm certainly not some "internet tough guy." I like to joke around and bullshit on this forum just like you, and I also understand the desire to sell things. Hell, I spend a good majority of my time on this forum in the for sale section, just look at my iTrader. However, I think it's just as important to let others have an equal time in the "limelight," many of whom don't have regular access to their thread for one reason or another. Should you be reprimanded because others choose not to bump their threads? No, but others should not be pushed back because they're unable to bump their thread as often as you.

My point being, impose a limit on the number of bumps so that those who choose to exercise a daily bump can, and those that don't will have no reason to question anything. The opportunity is there for everyone, fair and square.

All things aside, I do thank you for your service, you guys and underpaid and underappreciated.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
SO, how come you called me a dick and not S197GT? I mean after all, he posted nothing more than BUMP in your bump limit thread... All I did was "lol" at the fact that he put BUMP in a "Bump Limit" thread.

and, just so everyone knows, I am the one CHIRON is referring to as the person that bumped his thread a lot. I told him if it states somewhere not to do that, then I would stop. If it didn't say that anywhere then I see no problem. Nothing is stopping other sellers from bumping their own threads. This is not a "pay to advertise items for sale" kind of website so "I" feel that people should be able to do what they need to do to keep their items in the "limelight" so to speak. Like I said, I told him to inform me of the rules stating how many times you could bump your own thread and he couldn't produce anything. Instead, he just calls me a dick one time.... um, make that two times if you count this thread.

I am by no means some random "dick" that likes to go around starting trouble. I am a 41 year old regular guy that is coming up on 19 years in the Army. I was just trying to get some items sold in the best way possible to put some money in the bank account. If you don't know, military members don't make anywhere near the amount of money that we should, especially compared to equivalent civilian jobs, but that is another story.

I do however have a big distaste for "internet tough guys" that like to talk smack behind their computer.... There is just no need for it in my opinion.

Your service in the Army has no bearing on this thread. If you're an E7, you make plenty of money. It's all about how you spend the money you do make. It's always amazed me that my fellow service members compare their pay to those in the civilian sector with the implication that going to war makes your job so much more dangerous. And it does. But YOU, just like I did, knew the possibilities you might face when you joined. And if you don't like your pay in the Army, why stay in for so long and keep being "under-paid"? The military should get yearly raises that match the inflation index, but that's as far as I'll go with it. This country cannot afford to pay us what we are "worth" or for the job that we "do" any more than you can afford to pay your wife or parents for the job they have done.

Common decency and courtesy would dictate that others wish their "For Sale" threads be viewed just as you wish yours to be. You've been here for more than a day, so you *should* know better than to bump the piss out of your thread. Not too many people do that shit.

Gimmie a break dude.

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
That is the bad thing about the internet. You never truly know the intent or seriousness behind comments made. I think we both probably took each others comment in a way that they were not intended. Like I said, I don't go around looking for trouble and sometimes wear my heart on my sleeve I guess. I took your comments as you were trying to start something and realize now, that was not the case. I too apologize for my misinterpretation.

Bottom line, I do believe that if someone bumping threads often is causing "trouble" for other sellers, then a limit should be set.

MODS, your thoughts?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1 bump every 24 hours. Not 22 hours, but 24.

That's my take.

If someone else bumps your thread asking a question, answer the question and consider that a bump.

Do not bump it again for 24 hours.

That's my view on the subject.

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
VTXFrank,

First off, I only mentioned I was in the military just to give a little background on myself. Secondly, I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you over military pay. I signed up around 19 years ago to serve my country, not just to make a paycheck. You are correct though, I do make plenty of money and know how to manage said money. I never once said that going to war makes me deserve more money or equal money that civilians make. I said we don't make as much money as a civilian equivalent does in the private sector....

If you honestly feel this country can't afford to pay us what we are worth, then you are correct. We are too busy paying professional sports players 6 figure incomes to do something that most of us enjoy doing for fun. Not to mention how much the politicians make. Do you feel the country can afford to pay you because you and many others were medically retired?? Opinions are like you know what, and everybody has one.

As far as the thread bump issue goes common deceny and courtesy does not come into play here. Everyone has the ability to bump their own thread. When they choose and the amount they choose to do so is totally up to them. Like I have already stated, I do agree a mod should come up with a rule stating how many bumps are acceptable. If that doesn't happen then you can "type" until you are blue in the face and people will still do what they want to do.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fine...

Here's the rule:

1 bump per 24 hours.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ever notice how it says "PINKS" Casting Director? Or how when he posts his avatar area sticks out further than others...

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, not trying to argue, just confused.

How does his avatar saying "PINK Casting Director" signify him being a moderator?
As far as the bigger avatar, isn't that a "Supporting Member" perk?

Contributing Member
Becoming a contributing member will gain you a larger pm box to 300, photo storage space to 50 pics, profile pic from 250 pixels to 500 pixels, and increased avitar size to 150 pixels.

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

How does his avatar saying "PINK Casting Director" signify him being a moderator?

I can try to PINK you for a day, and see if it works.

Hahaha.

Yeah, I'm a mod.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Contributing Member
Becoming a contributing member will gain you a larger pm box to 300, photo storage space to 50 pics, profile pic from 250 pixels to 500 pixels, and increased avitar size to 150 pixels.

Oh my bad on the bigger avatar box. You learned me something new there. I just new he was a mod bc I've read about him moving peoples posts around out of the tech thread. Thx for showing me that man. I had no idea! I'm going to contribute and get me a bigger box! Lol.

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
Man, it seems like everyone is so defensive tonight....

Is there somewhere that tells who is a mod on this site?

I Know STKJOCK is the mod for the Mustang Parts for Sale forum. Isn't it his "job" to make the rules for that particular forum? I mean, that is why there is mods for each forum, correct? That way 1 person sets the standards for that particular forum?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1310410150GIF-Boobies-bump.gif

Just curious S197GT, can you list who is a mod of what forums/threads?

Thanks

Here is the cast and crew behind this joint.

Admin:
Kimmer
Hawgman
don_w ;(

Mods:
Stkjock
94tbird
S197 GT
psfracer
GIG4FUN
MattD
Natural1

HOLYWD is a sectional mod for the Car of the Month, Mustang Chit Chat, Pictures and Video, Keepin' It Clean, and Pimpin' It.

The following are sectional mods for the Classifieds:

Steedman07, fhlh, dalemllns, Racingtheburg

Edit: I just noticed you weren't a supporting member. You've been here a year and have over 600 posts and a good chunk of itrader transactions. Clearly you like the place.

Don't be an asshole... contribute to the asylum and become a Supporting Member of S197!

Last edited:
Back