Bunch of tuner questions

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
After a 3 year hiatus from the mustang world I see some things have changed. Im going to be buying a tuner and custom tunes from American Muscle or Brenspeed as I have had good luck with them in the past.

First of all it looks like the SCT X3 is being outdated. Is the X4 worth the extra $20-30 or would you just stick with the X3 and save a few bucks.

Also I see Diablosport is making a comeback with the Intune device. Which looks pretty impressive and has more capability than the predator and Bama is writing custom tunes for this now as well.

Im guessing most of the reputable tuning companies still are in good standing with the customers? Or have I missed anything?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks guys! :helpme:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You already said you are going with Brenspeed or AM. Have you asked them?

AFAIK very few places tune for Diablo in the mod world. It's just too difficult and clunky to write a tune with their software.

Most of the people on this forum are going with remote tuners who data log and fine tune. It looks like you are set on doing a mail order tune so there just isn't much to discuss imo.

I've seen an ad for the x4 but have no need for it so I haven't dived into any extra functions. I also write my own tunes so I'm pretty sure that anything extra it offered wouldn't matter.

Nobody knows about the new tuners?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If you already have an X3, keep it and use it.

If don't have a tuner, get the X4. The extra $20 is well worth the added features on the new device. If my X3 blew up tomorrow, I would order an X4 without skipping a beat.

From what I hear, the InTune is a giant turd. I've heard quite a few gripes about it, and none about the X4. Diablo IMO is a giant waste of money since so many tuners in the Mustang world use SCT. It gives you access to so many more tuners.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score

If don't have a tuner, get the X4. The extra $20 is well worth the added features on the new device. If my X3 blew up tomorrow, I would order an X4 without skipping a beat.

From what I hear, the InTune is a giant turd. I've heard quite a few gripes about it, and none about the X4. Diablo IMO is a giant waste of money since so many tuners in the Mustang world use SCT. It gives you access to so many more tuners.

Thank you! Ill stay away from the Intune then.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Just puchased the SCT X4 & Bama tunes for now. With the new 10 tune capability I can whore around and try out all the different tuners haha.

Thanks guys!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Just puchased the SCT X4 & Bama tunes for now. With the new 10 tune capability I can whore around and try out all the different tuners haha.

Thanks guys!
Welcome back loudnlow, always like that name. The wifi feature alone on the sct4 is worth the $20 extra.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score

Why aren't we talking about the real issues here?! I keeps ma x3 in da glove box and you sayin that ho can blowed up?!

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I would go with Mike Rousch at MAP or John Lund. Bama is kind of junk for tunes.
Agreed.
I have had Bama, Steeda and now have MAP (Mike Rousch). Mike's tune is BY FAR the best overall, for power, driveability and customer service. The Bama tune made the least power but was pretty smooth and had good customer service. I have come to the conclusion that Steeda isn't capable of tuning the 6R80 as that tune had the worst driveability by far, and crap customer service.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back