Bye bye shelby!! :(((

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
That sucks bad. Hope everybodies OK. If I had the Shelby and was deemed totaled, my insurance company would buy me the same model of the CURRENT year models out. That means it would be replaced by a '13 Shelby. Hope your insurance is simular!!

Whos your insurance, i have state farm

sent from the staging lanes

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Whos your insurance, i have state farm

I have Allstate, Platnum insurance type. Will replace my new car ('11 Mustang GT) with the same model and newer year for the first 3 years I own the current one should it be totaled. In other words, if it got totalled today and since the '13s are out, my car would be replaced by a 2013 model with the same options I have on the '11. This is good through 2014, I believe.

Last edited:

delz05

forum member
Reaction score
good luck with the Insurance fight... that's what it will be.

Do all your own research on the value of the car... pull retail numbers from dealers, auctions, NADA, Kelly Blue Book etc... Know what you have in value before you even talk numbers.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
You would be surprised how fast repairs can add up on these cars.. IMO I would have left the fucking thing running... if the radiator went.. How much is a GT500 5.4? $15K?

Any buckling on the roof, rockers, b-pillars? $$$$

FDPMS, Shaker 1000 subs/amps, front cover, grills, brackets, hood, fenders, headlights (brackets toast), fogs, markers, radiator, heat exchanger, radiator cover, isolator, motor mounts, air bags, window? rear bumper cover, body work 10 hrs (minimum) Paint to match (entire car), suspension (lcas, panhard bar, UCA and maybe more)? Rear deck lid, emblems, tail lights, rear bumper cover, exhaust (probably all the way to the manifolds), spoiler, clips, retainers, Removal & Installation, alignment, Return to customer detail, rental car.

Check the state insurance laws. Usually if the damage exceeds a certain % you can MAKE them replace it. Do you want to keep making payments on a car that has been rebuilt? Still not the same.. period.

Ive been through this before how do you think I got my bumpers...? But your crazy if they are going to replace all the suspension and motor mounts if its not broke they aren't replacing it. And especially the exhaust to the manifolds they are gonna replace the axlebacks. from being crushed nothing else. FPDMS yeah right insurance won't even know what they are...Point is if its not broken they aren't replacing it insurance companies are jews they will cut corners to save them a buck

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad your okay. Dealing with insurance is a pain in the ass, that's for sure! Wanna swap passenger side door panels? I'll pay ya! Lol

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Ive been through this before how do you think I got my bumpers...? But your crazy if they are going to replace all the suspension and motor mounts if its not broke they aren't replacing it. And especially the exhaust to the manifolds they are gonna replace the axlebacks. from being crushed nothing else. FPDMS yeah right insurance won't even know what they are...Point is if its not broken they aren't replacing it insurance companies are jews they will cut corners to save them a buck

Yup.. bastards. I hate fighting with those jerks but that's what it always comes down to. A lot can break tho..lol! I have seen all kinds of damage that pops up later related to an accident. Point is I would just rather get out from under it if I could. Hope the motor got REAL HOT! That would sink the ship in a hurry. Cars are just not the same even when repaired by someone that knows what they are doing. Only worth it if you come out way ahead. Unfortunately it is easier to fight your own insurance than someone elses. Sucks that many people end up holding the bag in situations like this that are not at fault

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
insurance companies suck i had a hell of time dealing with them when i got rear ended.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Damn, that looks exactly like my car. Hope things will be ok for you.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
very sorry man, glad you are ok and gl with your next venture.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Well i found out we both have the same insurance company, state farm, although they are from ny. Car has been taking to body shop, they noticed a crease right behind door window that i hadnt seen, also the rearend has been tweaked.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I have statefarm and they did me well when I wrecked mine a couple months ago. Adjuster came out and looked at it. Said this is what the check will be and it will be sent out. Got it was able to upgrade a few things and had no out of pocket expense. They replaced everypart of the rear end two new wheels and painted the whole rear quarter panel. Hope they work with you.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
got the phone earlier with the other persons state farm office, after being transferred 3 times I talked to a lady that started asking about my injuries. Told her i was fine and had seen a doctor, but my body was sore, and i had a burn from the airbag. She said in the end their will be a one time medical claim to cover my bills for anything , and any lost time at work. Also she said i could claim pain and suffering too if i wanted. What does that mean if i want to?

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
it means do it, they will offer you a small amount for the injuries, thats what happened to me when i had a crash, while riding with my brother in law. some old dude pulled out in front of us and my bro n law, banged his knee off the dash, so they sent him like $500 to not go to court on it, but me i was honest and told them i was fine and i got $000.00..lol

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Hey, where's all them daggum know it all lawyers that are on this forum? Yall help this guy out before he gets screwed by the insurance company!

They want you to settle on bodily injury and pain and suffering, loss time, etc. as soon as possible! That way if you find out there is something wrong two months down the road, your S.O.L.! If its a good offer take it but don't let them push you around.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Hey, where's all them daggum know it all lawyers that are on this forum? Yall help this guy out before he gets screwed by the insurance company!

They want you to settle on bodily injury and pain and suffering, loss time, etc. as soon as possible! That way if you find out there is something wrong two months down the road, your S.O.L.! If its a good offer take it but don't let them push you around.

Thanks man, she did say wait unit i felt fine before considering making a claim. I mean to they make the offer or do i tell them what i want

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
mach2 got it ,exactly what i was trying to say in the post above..lol

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Idk what your situation is, how bad you need your car, owe on it, or the value of it. If your not hurt and you know your not hurt, then for your injuries take what they offer, if they ask your opinion, tell them a number you feel comfortable with. As far as the car value, go to your local dealer and ask them to give you a verbal appraisal. Tell them that you will not mention their name but you need to know a value of your car. Give as good of a description as possible as it was before the accident, mileage, etc. If you know someone there even better. Also, you can talk to your bank and get a blue book value from them. Go to the insurance company armed with:

A) value of your car before wrecked
B) amount owed on your car at time of accident (because at the very least you want it paid off)
C) A fairly accurate appraisal of the car value after accident (only if you want to buy back salvage) (you should never have let the car leave your possession)
D) An offer that you are willing to make on the salvage - 50%-60% of the value of the salvage. No more!! (They are going to give you the estimate that the salvage yard gave them of the value and say that is what they want for it. You tell them BS, ask what is the price the salvage yard is going to pay for it[remeber they are going to make a profit] and you will pay no more than that) Remeber, every body panel on this car is bent, so don't let them BS you about the value. The only value of the salvage of this car is the drivetrain!!! Make them understand that and believe that. And remeber too that the agent you are dealing with does not own a GT500 nor does he/she have a clue what it is worth or what it meant to you as the owner.
E) Leave your attitude at home(if you have a bad one) go there in the frame of mind to negotiate. Once you go into the negotiations, try not to let them go until you are happy with settlement.

Of course if you know a little about car yourself and have done your own assessment of whether or not the car can be fixed and you would like it fixed you can insist that they have it fixed rather than total it. Personally, I don't see a total GT 500, I see an oppurtunity for you to get it paid for and still own it with no note.
JMHO!!!

This is how I would and have handled similar situations on a couple of occasions.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Idk what your situation is, how bad you need your car, owe on it, or the value of it. If your not hurt and you know your not hurt, then for your injuries take what they offer, if they ask your opinion, tell them a number you feel comfortable with. As far as the car value, go to your local dealer and ask them to give you a verbal appraisal. Tell them that you will not mention their name but you need to know a value of your car. Give as good of a description as possible as it was before the accident, mileage, etc. If you know someone there even better. Also, you can talk to your bank and get a blue book value from them. Go to the insurance company armed with:

A) value of your car before wrecked
B) amount owed on your car at time of accident (because at the very least you want it paid off)
C) A fairly accurate appraisal of the car value after accident (only if you want to buy back salvage) (you should never have let the car leave your possession)
D) An offer that you are willing to make on the salvage - 50%-60% of the value of the salvage. No more!! (They are going to give you the estimate that the salvage yard gave them of the value and say that is what they want for it. You tell them BS, ask what is the price the salvage yard is going to pay for it[remeber they are going to make a profit] and you will pay no more than that) Remeber, every body panel on this car is bent, so don't let them BS you about the value. The only value of the salvage of this car is the drivetrain!!! Make them understand that and believe that. And remeber too that the agent you are dealing with does not own a GT500 nor does he/she have a clue what it is worth or what it meant to you as the owner.
E) Leave your attitude at home(if you have a bad one) go there in the frame of mind to negotiate. Once you go into the negotiations, try not to let them go until you are happy with settlement.

Of course if you know a little about car yourself and have done your own assessment of whether or not the car can be fixed and you would like it fixed you can insist that they have it fixed rather than total it. Personally, I don't see a total GT 500, I see an oppurtunity for you to get it paid for and still own it with no note.
JMHO!!!

This is how I would and have handled similar situations on a couple of occasions.

Good write up man, thanks. As far as the car leaving my possession it was taking to the body shop we usr just down the road, know the owner well and he had said the car aint going anywhere unless you tell me

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Good write up man, thanks. As far as the car leaving my possession it was taking to the body shop we usr just down the road, know the owner well and he had said the car aint going anywhere unless you tell me

Good job. Has he given you an assessment on the damage? (yes or no) No one here needs any more info than that at this time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back