New to forum. Colorado member 07 Shelby GT

RoninGT

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just got a 07 Shelby GT one owner 3800 miles. Having a lot of fun. It needs tires as everything is factory. Had to replace malfunctioning cd deck. Also it came with decals from show events (removed) signatures and some magazines and posters. May Procharge but that's it except small changes. Hope to learn a ton here. Thanks in advance.

d8618016cfe58ca17616cdc9f0f34c24x.jpg725926128.jpg

1000002385.jpg

RoninGT

Reaction score
Nice car and welcome.

Is your car lowered?
Yes. From what I have read the car was built as a GT and sent to Shelby American in Vegas. Mods were done there and one article mentions lowering by 1.5in. Bunch of bracing , suspension and some mods to exhaust, throttle body, tune etc. Nothing too major. Cosmetics as well of course.

RoninGT

Reaction score
Wow - score! Welcome, congrats & agree w/ sticker removal. :D
Thanks. I kept a couple but most are off. I cleaned up the inside as well. No signatures and just a plain screen as a radio. Gives me BT phone capabilities and navigation if needed.

20240108_070925.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Thanks. I kept a couple but most are off. I cleaned up the inside as well. No signatures and just a plain screen as a radio. Gives me BT phone capabilities and navigation if needed.

View attachment 93504

You literally just wiped away part of the value (no idea how much).... It's your car of course.

RoninGT

Reaction score
Did not hurt the value at all. No one purchasing the car in the future cares (nor do I) that the car was at a event in 2012. Or would want a huge door placard to indicate it. Cool it was there, but only pertinent to the original owner.

The only signature on the dash that anyone has ever heard of was Bondurant. If it were Shelby that would be different.

AND. I still have the signatures. I just replaced the part. I keep everything that comes off the car. Antenna, CD deck etc

Miker

Reaction score
Looks like it has been lowered more than it was by Shelby.

RoninGT

Reaction score
Looks like it has been lowered more than it was by Shelby.
I see what ya mean. I think it's just my pic. If you look at first pic with the decal still on it looks higher.

The original owner did nothing to the car except yearly service.

It rides fine and I can stick a few fingers in the wheel well between tire and fender. In the pic where the stripes look blue, it does look really low.

I tried a couple pics but hard to tell. I have not put the car on a lift as of yet. Everything looks as it should so far. Good observation though.20240122_113155.jpg20240122_113127.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Did not hurt the value at all. No one purchasing the car in the future cares (nor do I) that the car was at a event in 2012. Or would want a huge door placard to indicate it. Cool it was there, but only pertinent to the original owner.

The only signature on the dash that anyone has ever heard of was Bondurant. If it were Shelby that would be different.

AND. I still have the signatures. I just replaced the part. I keep everything that comes off the car. Antenna, CD deck etc

Ah, roger that. There are the picky aficionado's out there that may want it for posterity's sake. It is a nice looking car. 3800 miles? Really?

RoninGT

Reaction score
Ah, roger that. There are the picky aficionado's out there that may want it for posterity's sake. It is a nice looking car. 3800 miles? Really?
That's why I'm keeping everything. Who knows, maybe Elvis drove it. Lol.

Came with magazines, posters etc.

Yes sir, 4080 on it now.
20240122_133206.jpg

RoninGT

Reaction score
Would like to get the factory sticker but this came today. It's pretty cool and documents what they did. And what's interesting given the a question above is one mod is listed as "lowering springs".20240122_184925_resized.jpgSGT Sticker2.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
That's why I'm keeping everything. Who knows, maybe Elvis drove it. Lol.

Came with magazines, posters etc.

Yes sir, 4080 on it now.
View attachment 93535
Ha...Lower left corner is a Lotus Europa. Had a '74 twin-cam w/Weber carbs. Best handling car I ever owned.

Are these all cars you've owned or just pics?

RoninGT

Reaction score
I have owned them at one time. The Lotus Europa was a John Player Special and it handled amazing. The only one that beat it in handling was the 308. You just had to pray it didn't need service lol. The coolest was the 70 GTO followed immediately by the GT500.

The most special and unique was the AC Cobra. A Midwest replica of course but a ridiculas fun car.

Never met anyone else that owned a Europa. Fun to have again and they are out there but they are pretty old now.

It's been a fun ride. I'm just an old fart now. Probably put more miles on the GT today. Hard to believe in 900 miles it will hit 5k and need its first service !
Screenshot_20240123_085636_Gallery.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
I have owned them at one time. The Lotus Europa was a John Player Special and it handled amazing. The only one that beat it in handling was the 308. You just had to pray it didn't need service lol. The coolest was the 70 GTO followed immediately by the GT500.

The most special and unique was the AC Cobra. A Midwest replica of course but a ridiculas fun car.

Never met anyone else that owned a Europa. Fun to have again and they are out there but they are pretty old now.

It's been a fun ride. I'm just an old fart now. Probably put more miles on the GT today. Hard to believe in 900 miles it will hit 5k and need its first service !
View attachment 93556

Mine had the exact same body style though it wasn't a JPS. What a fun car. :snoopy

RoninGT

Reaction score
I'm not sure JPS was anything but paint but even today black and gold is a top choice of mine. The GT I have now comes in black and looks really great. I was originally looking for a S197 vert in black and I was going to GT-H it. This white one was hard to pass up. It's growing on me. Really easy to take care of too.

Screenshot_20240123_093509_Google.jpg

RoninGT

Reaction score
I just realized something. I'm watching every YouTube vid on S197 etc. The last one was a guy going nuts over the fact fact the car had just over 10k miles.

I just bought mine with 3800 on the odometer. I'm at about 4100 now.

Do I have the lowest mileage SGT on the planet? Maybe even lowest GT?

LOL. Ill do some research on national sites. Kinda cool and never even thought of that.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I see what ya mean. I think it's just my pic. If you look at first pic with the decal still on it looks higher.

The original owner did nothing to the car except yearly service.

It rides fine and I can stick a few fingers in the wheel well between tire and fender. In the pic where the stripes look blue, it does look really low.

I tried a couple pics but hard to tell. I have not put the car on a lift as of yet. Everything looks as it should so far. Good observation though.View attachment 93531View attachment 93532

The Shelby GT should be about 1" lower than a standard GT:

In addition to the Ford Performance handling pack and the appearance changes, the Shelby GT came with a Ford Racing CAI, X-pipe, GTA mufflers, a more aggressive tune, and 319hp/330lbft at the crank.
In stock form it'll typically put down 275-280rwhp & 300-305rwtq.

The Lotus Europa is highly sought after and a good one would fetch serious money. A genuine black and gold John Player Special version would be a collector's dream, since that's a tribute to the Formula 1 car that dominated the sport back in the day.

I love the Hertz rent-a-racer look. Most genuine GT-H models came as automatics so a manual version would be highly sought after.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back