Introduction, New member

A_D_D

Reaction score
Hello,
Brand new member here.

Just bought a 2013 GT... This is probably my 10th Mustang, but first late model.

I like to join forums when I start a new project, to exchange knowledge and information. I have been working on cars for 20 years or so... started as a Mechanic, was a mechanic in the Air Force, now I am in sales.

So, about the Mustang.

It's a Black on Black base (and I mean BASE) model GT with the MT-82 manual transmission. Overall condition is good. I spent a good 6 months trying to find the right GT. Specifically wanted a '13 or '14, had to be Black (#2 Gray, #3 Silver), had to be a stick, and price was the next most important factor.

She's a one owner, sold local, with 47k on the clock. Other than ALL of the typical stuff on a '13/'14 GT, she's straight with a clean CarFax, and BONE STOCK.

I paid at the lower end of what I planned, even for a base model. So, now the build begins!

Being my first late model, I will stay pretty tame. Tried and true mods, and a complete black out.
Just looking to have some fun!

Getting ready to order a short shifter, clutch spring, axle back exhaust, CAI, and a few small items.
Next, plan to lower the GT, change the wheels, and do lower control arms and panhard.

As far as body, will remove the front bumper and modify the grilles, add a splitter and a few other mods. Plan a different rear spoiler, window tint, and some other visual stuff.

Would love to score some Recaro's. Might do the Corbeau's or something similar. What do you guys do about the air bags? (will the car recognize the air bags are missing?)

20200225_132100.jpg

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On the earlier S197's, you can get a plug that plugs into the harness for the seat airbags and has the same resistance as the stock airbags and keeps the light off. Not sure if there is a similar part available for the 2013's or not.
I'd suggest adding a tuner and a tune to your list as a tune is one of the best bang for the buck things you can do for these cars.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You will find more info than you know what to do with here.

Shifter = MGW. End of discussion.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Super sexy & congrats on that sweet steed - welcome & enjoy!

mike maloney

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
do not know where you are from but I have some parts from a 2013 gt to sell

A_D_D

Reaction score
Thanks!

Red09GT: Thanks, I have a bit of time to figure it out, not swapping seats right away (Also, planning to get a LUND)

Mike Maloney: I am in Washington State, where are you?

Exhaust is on the way (March 2nd) along with Shifter, clutch spring, CAI, and some small bits...

Getting ready to order suspension and lower control arms/ Adjustable Panhard bar next.

Still not decided on wheels...

Planning to get a LUND as I said, I like the functions (as I said base model, no track apps).

Will likely start on cosmetics after the first shipment arrives...

Having fun with her STOCK! She pulls really well! I think PO ran crap gas, first tank of premium she woke up! Running better as I put this tank through...

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

mike maloney

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
THIS IS MIKE MALONEY Iam in northern Indiana,I have 2 chrome 18"x8" Bullitt rims & 2 chrome 19"x10"bullitt rims.These have the tpms sensors on them. Ihad them on a 2013 mustang gt.ONLY DRIVEN IN SUMMER. 2 years

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back