C-clip eliminators?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Who's using them? I've seen plenty of people with aftermarket axles but nobody claiming the C-clip eliminators.

Yes, I know I can use a 9" but I highly doubt I'll need one for a while.

G

Gene K

Disclaimer: I have not used the ones for an 8.8.

The ones available for 10 bolt and 12 bolt Chevies used to have "issues".
They tended to leak for the most part.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont believe that anyone has c-clip elims for the 8.8; unless you have 9" ends put on.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dean is on the money - the solution is to tube weld 9" housing ends on and then you are good to go.

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run them on my setup SD. Strange and Moser said they didn't have them for the S197. When I saw Moser had a 9" for the S197, I called Shane at Moser and started asking questions. I got the 9" housing ends used for their S197 specific 9". Had it jigged up. While I was at it, I put in 35 spline gun drilled fluted axles and welded up the housing. The S197 specific housing ends will allow you to use the stock calipers, keep the E brake as well as the ABS....if you're still keeping it. Honestly, the rear brake calipers is the only thing I haven't changed out. I've been reluctant to tackle that one due to fitment speculation with the Bogarts. There may be an easy solution now, but there wasn't a year ago.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Looks like Butch is getting 9" housing ends. Should have a quote on Monday afternoon. Housing ends, axles, TrueTrac, 3.55 or 3.73 gear, girdle cover. After that.....figure out how to get the sponsor to pay for it so I don't have to. :shock:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back