Cadmium Plated Steeda UCA

DeepImpactPony

forum member
Reaction score
So I visit my friends this weekend, who all have mustangs, and we are discussing all new suspension parts we are putting on our cars, and my one friend gives me this nasty looking rusted looking Steeda Upper Control Arm. I should have taken a picture of what it looked like when he gave it to me. Here is what it looks like now, keep in mind the metal was attacked with corrosion extensively, which is why you can see it below the plating. I did this arm in Cadmium and Clear chromate, with a half a mil deposit, so it can last a hell of a lot longer.
Steedaarm1.jpg

Steedarm2.jpg

DeepImpactPony

forum member
Reaction score
wow! nice job, it looks brand new

I wouldn't exactly say brand new with the metal being so pitted from the corrosion attacking it, but at least now, it will last a hell of a lot longer. Cadmium has many advantages over zinc. While zinc can hold up for a certain amount of time, depending of course on the thickness of the deposit, in salt water air,and snow climates, it will take a beating, and NOT hold up, as well as Cadmium would. New rotors, and any other parts zinc plated, will look good while new, but wont hold up for a long time, unless its a warm climate with little to no snow seasons. However zinc is an awesome base for paint, and when couple with paint or powdercoat, will last a long time.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back