Caliber covers scrapping

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just put on my new wheels and caliber covers I bought from you and there's a scrapping sound when I drive. It's not the wheels scrapping on the covers but it's the brackets that hold them in. Have you heard of this before? I drive a 2011 v6

Last edited:

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion!

We've found that some stock and aftermarket wheels do require a 1/4" spacer for proper clearance. There's a drop down menu on the Caliper Cover product page for a spacer if needed. Since you already received the covers, you can purchase the wheel spacers separrately at this link.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane

Last edited:

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Not a problem man, but it's the brackets scrapping on the rotors. I looked It up on the Internet and a couple ppl have had this issue I need to grind/cut the brackets down some and that should stop the scrapping. I do need to order the spacers though, all the wheel fit but the passenger front. Thanks for the reply.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm confused where you the bracket is actually scrapping. The brackets should be tucked behind the caliper cover? The caliper cover should stick up higher than the brackets and be the first contacting point.

Could you posts up some pictures by any chance?

Shane

Last edited:

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Sure Shane I'm off Friday so ill take some when I get it fixed. I ordered the spaces too so ill put them on and see if that helps but there's clearance already with three wheels.

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Ok after taking the back wheel of this is what it looked like, it was the bottom bracket...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368815720.673755.jpg

This was what was making the scrapping noise, as you can see from the pic where it was scrapping. I grinded it down with a angel grinder and it stopped from that wheel. Now I just have one or two more on the driver side and ill finally have a quiet ride again.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! I haven't seen anyone else have fitment issues with those retaining clips. That's really strange.. I'm assuming you're using these with the factory wheels?

Shane

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware there stock. I bought the car with 11k miles from a ford dealer...

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
this happened when i had mine. What you need to do is pinch the clips. By that i mean push the to sides of the bracket closer so that when you slip them on they are tight. Like really tight and that did it for me.

DRock

Reaction score
Mine had the same problem. So i bought real brakes.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware there stock. I bought the car with 11k miles from a ford dealer...

Did you have any luck after pinching the clips? Does it still rob?

If you're still having issues, I'd be happy to setup a return for you. Just send me your First/Last name and shipping address via PM. Let me know if you're interested!

Shane

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah finally got a chance to finish it all yesterday. Turns out that its only the back brakes bottom bracket that was scrapping on both sides. I took about a 1/4 in off the bottom side and grinded the whole thing to make it a little thinner and now all is good. It's funny how only a few of us have problems with these. there just wasn't enough clearance, I could barely get a credit card in there. No need for a return though thanks anyway

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back