Can anyone advise personal experience regarding the long term durability of ceramic coated headers

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
The term ceramic is used too loosely lately. Ceramic Apple Watch, ceramic wick on my vape pen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChewyR

forum member
Reaction score
Ceramic in the context of a coating applied to exhaust components for the purpose of heat insulation and protection.

The ceramic in your water heater, flower pot, or crack pipe is of no interest.

Mojo88

Reaction score
I have JBA titanium coated 409 SS LT's for the last 4 years, zero issues so far. 304SS would be better. There is a difference between the JBA silver ceramic and the titanium ceramic. The titanium version is supposed to be good for an extra 100+ deg F. The finish is battleship grey. This is on my 2010 auto + M90 setup. The LT's were one mod that actually does something. With the blower on 2 blocks from home, come into the driveway, shut eng off, and < 2 mins later, I can touch any of the 8 primaries,and not get burned. Eng bay temps went down 40 F after the LT's and mating JBA catted H went in. LT's don't run hot, and the oem cats were at base of eng bay, and ran stupid hot. Hi flow cats reside below the front seats. B4 the LT install, my steeda black STB over top of the blower ran damn hot to the touch, now its just luke warm.

I recently bought Kooks LT (304 SS) for my 2010 4.6L 3V. Immediately sent them out for the 1,800* coating. I expect them back any day now. Glad to hear that the ceramic coating actually lowered engine bay temps.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their cheap eBay long tubes coated? The kooks copy that are supposed to be be really good. I have a "eBay copy" set waiting to be installed. Engine is going to be pulled first for other reasons and will get installed then....

Seriously looking into the good Swaintech stuff.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have the ebay Pypes/Kook copies right now, when I initially installed it I wasn't sure if they were going to fit or not so didn't want to get them coated. I think I was the first to have them installed (on this forum at least).

Now that I know they fit well, I might even get another set just to send them for coating first.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever compared exhaust wrap vs ceramic coating?
Never used the wrap, but what I've been told is it can hold moisture between the wrap and the pipe. My buddies down pipe was wrapped though and it seemed to work pretty well.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Never used the wrap, but what I've been told is it can hold moisture between the wrap and the pipe. My buddies down pipe was wrapped though and it seemed to work pretty well.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I've seen a protective spray you can put on the wraps, probably helps a lot for motorcycles

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
I had wrap on the headers in AC Cobra Replica with a 408W for 5 years and on a 351W from the previous owner for over 10 years hearing constant horror stories about how rotten they would be when I removed the wrap........15 years later........NOPE......perfect with only a little surface dusty rust!!:cheersman:

Had 'em hot coated and they were perfect when I sold it 6 years later although the silver coating had dulled somewhat from heat which they say is normal??:)

Personally I liked the appearance of the wrap but I'll bet it's a PAIN to install!!o_O

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back