Canton road race pan 15-734

zeroescape

forum member
Reaction score
Coyote uses a large pan to keep oil temps down during short spirited driving. More oil means more mass to distrubute heat throughout as well as dissipate. I dont think theres a big deal running 1 quart less. If you doing more than just street driving theres always the option of a oil cooler.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well... we've seen one Canton steel oil pan on a customer's 5.0 Coyote powered car. It leaks everywhere. We're pulling the motor and trans soon (to fix a long list of issues) and will try to fix the many oil leaks we can see underneath. It might be a rear main seal or something else, but right now the Canton pan doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

i-zPx5Gqz-M.jpg

Yes, it has a Coyote 5.0 under the hood...

And running 1 less quart would worry me... we run +1 quart over full on track as it is, with the stock 8 qt pan. And we've had zero oiling problems in 4 years of track abuse. It burns oil faster this way (extra windage) and we only do this at track events, but we haven't wiped out any bearings or had any oil starvation, either. I do the same thing on LSx motors and don't have oiling problems on those when running +1 qt over full.

DSC_1152-M.jpg

What was the reason you wanted to go to this Canton pan? Did you have some oil system related problem? Or is this a preventative parts mod?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I have to agree, I wouldn't use one less quart of oil when road racing. If I was deadest in getting a different oil pan I would go with the Ford Racing pan. Although saying it is expensive is quite the understatement but after doing some research and some of that including talking to a couple of racing teams they say there really isn't a better pan out there.

GTG

Reaction score
I had a Canton pan on my Fox and had nothing but problems with it leaking all the time.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the Moroso 20-572 aluminum pan. Super quality workmanship, flange was dead flat per machinist level and it has the port for the factory low oil sensor. With Setrab 934 cooler I have 11.5 quarts in the system. It's like having an old 911. Bought it from American Muscle for $469 shipped using AFM forum discount.
Steve

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Another guy on here that is local has the Moroso pan and it is legit. 11-12 quart capacity.

Shit I run 10.5 quarts on the stock BOSS pan with an Air-to-Oil cooler.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Another guy on here that is local has the Moroso pan and it is legit. 11-12 quart capacity.

Shit I run 10.5 quarts on the stock BOSS pan with an Air-to-Oil cooler.

Drew
I used to run 9.5 quarts with stock pan and Setrab cooler now 11.5 to fill line on dipstick. The Moroso pan really is a fine piece, the trap doors and top baffle over the pick up will keep the oil fed to the pick up under any condition and the Welds are perfect, must be automated production. All the features of the Ford Racing unit plus the factory low oil port for $700 less. You should consider it for your car. k member can be dropped in less than an hour and the original gasket is reusable (though I used a new one).
Steve

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back