Car overheats

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
I have been driving my car for almost a month now since it got fixed and I just realized that it overheats. I'm trying to figure out what it could be and how to get it fixed. While I driving temp seems to be just fine, but on the hot day if I stop and go in a traffic temp sensor rises very quickly, the old "turn the heater on" tricks brings the temp down slightly, and when I get going again temp drops down almost right a way. Could it be thermostat or something of that nature or it's something more complex? Car is near stock with bbk cold air, magnaflow magnapacks side exit, BBR 93 extreme tune, radiator was replaced with something aftermarket oem from rockauto.com and seems to fit and work with now issues. Please help me to determine why is it overheats, I mean it's not that bad because it's on a really hot day in rush hour and over like 20 min of stop and go traffic, once it's moving there are no issues.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
Ah fuck! Just realized that spell check wrote "overhears" instead of "overheats" in a title.... stupid spell check! So yeah it actually OVERHEATS and not overhears....

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check and make sure your fans are coming on. Also you can edit the title.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah fuck! Just realized that spell check wrote "overhears" instead of "overheats" in a title.... stupid spell check! So yeah it actually OVERHEATS and not overhears....

fixed it for you :hi:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Might also be air in the system. I know that usually causes it to overheat quickly but it is possible. I'm use to 4v 4.6 and they sucked to get air out of. Not sure if these are the same.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Might also be air in the system. I know that usually causes it to overheat quickly but it is possible. I'm use to 4v 4.6 and they sucked to get air out of. Not sure if these are the same.

This would be my guess...

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
Car is near stock with bbk cold air, magnaflow magnapacks side exit, BBR 93 extreme tune, radiator was replaced with something aftermarket oem from rockauto.com and seems to fit and work with now issues.

Are you sure the replacement radiator has "now" (I think you meant to type no?) issues?????

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score

So let's assume that I do have air in the system, how do I get rid of it???

hangon

forum member
Reaction score
Have you pulled the cap off the coolant tank yet? It could be as simple as there still being an air bubble in the system.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you using an oem fan? Based on your description sounds like the high speed fan isnt coming on.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Text me tomorrow I'll be in Coon Rapids I can so I can come up and help you figure it out if you want

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back