Car stolen.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
How do these cars get stolen with encrypted chiped keys??? thats the question I would be asking your friend? sucks either way, but you can't just hot wire these cars anymore! so I call Bs and he knows where and who did it sorry.

They just did a episode on 60 minutes not long ago showing how the computer guys can beat an encrypted key in less than 60 seconds..as soon as new anti theft tech comes out the criminals have the answer to beat it.. Often times using friends at dealerships to assist them..

Good luck getting it back, however if mine were stolen I think I would rather never see it again,not knowing what they did to it while they had it..

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
I know how to steal a ford car. ;). But I'm not that type of person and it is possible. Without the owners keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
What apartment complex? So I know to never take my Stang there...I'm assuming youve alerted the police? Have they said anything to you?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks, hope he gets it back and/or insurance takes care of it all without a hassle.

You don't hear of a lot of S197s getting stolen on here, seems the encrypted key does help to deter that. But if they want it, they'll get it, even locked inside a garage or chained to a tree.

Seems I hear of most of these thefts happening at an apartment complex. My old car was broken into twice at an apartment complex while in college. A buddy of mine had several motorcycles stolen out of his apartment complex. One night he saw a van pull up, four guys jumped out, picked a bike up (small crotch rocket) and throw it in a van and drive off. Tail lights were out of sight before he could dial the phone. Sure it got broke down and sold on ebay.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks, hope he gets it back and/or insurance takes care of it all without a hassle.

You don't hear of a lot of S197s getting stolen on here, seems the encrypted key does help to deter that. But if they want it, they'll get it, even locked inside a garage or chained to a tree.

Seems I hear of most of these thefts happening at an apartment complex. My old car was broken into twice at an apartment complex while in college. A buddy of mine had several motorcycles stolen out of his apartment complex. One night he saw a van pull up, four guys jumped out, picked a bike up (small crotch rocket) and throw it in a van and drive off. Tail lights were out of sight before he could dial the phone. Sure it got broke down and sold on ebay.

Thieves stole a 04 cobra back in TX right from a guys garage. He was in the field, his wife home. She didn't even hear them open the garage door. Police said they had been stealing cars out garages for last few months.

When my bike was stolen same night they got 3 others. And in last 6 months over 60 bikes had been stolen.

from the famous tapatalk

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
My neighbor caught two guys in a tow truck trying to steal my wifes 05 a few years back. My neighbor is a cop comming home earily in the morning from his shift and sees these guys already had my garage door open and were wenching the car out the garage. He holds them and they show him paper work saying the car was up for repo. and tells him that I was a proplem to the bank and they had to take the car without telling me. My neighbor knowing me very well calls bullshit and calls his back up gets me out of bed. And of course my car is paid for title in hand so the invstigate these guys and they had 7 other stolen cars at there shop. They were scouting cars getting the vins and creating fake repo papers incase the cops saw them in the act or pulled them over.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
My neighbor caught two guys in a tow truck trying to steal my wifes 05 a few years back. My neighbor is a cop comming home earily in the morning from his shift and sees these guys already had my garage door open and were wenching the car out the garage. He holds them and they show him paper work saying the car was up for repo. and tells him that I was a proplem to the bank and they had to take the car without telling me. My neighbor knowing me very well calls bullshit and calls his back up gets me out of bed. And of course my car is paid for title in hand so the invstigate these guys and they had 7 other stolen cars at there shop. They were scouting cars getting the vins and creating fake repo papers incase the cops saw them in the act or pulled them over.

Wow that is crazy.

from the famous tapatalk

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score

that's pretty scary. i couldn't imagine the feeling of haivng a car stolen.

op good luck to your friend in finding his car.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score

On this. I used to repo cars. There is no way in hell a repo agent is allowed in any state to open a garage door to obtain a vehicle without either the owners permission or a writ of possession. And in the case they did have a writ. The local law enforcement would have to be present. Same with a chain tied around a to the vehicle. Can't touch it.

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
On this. I used to repo cars. There is no way in hell a repo agent is allowed in any state to open a garage door to obtain a vehicle without either the owners permission or a writ of possession. And in the case they did have a writ. The local law enforcement would have to be present. Same with a chain tied around a to the vehicle. Can't touch it.

This would most likely be another reason my neighbor called bullshit with these guys.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Guy is looking into People he knows or met since he got to FT Carson. He mentioned this morning he noticed his spare set of keys is missing. He thinks its some one who k nows him now.

coreyhm1

forum member
Reaction score
Has he had it serviced recently? As bad as it sounds all a low life mechanic at a ford dealership has to do is make a copy of the key and have his address from paperwork. Ive heard of this happeing as well.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Guy is looking into People he knows or met since he got to FT Carson. He mentioned this morning he noticed his spare set of keys is missing. He thinks its some one who k nows him now.

Most of the time it's someone who the owner knows sadly. That's why I hide my spare keys and don't let anyone drive my car.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
It all depends on the Department but if your friend calls them and make them aware that it is a DOD registered vehicle and still has the decal's they may jump the priority of looking for it.

I'm not sure and never looked into how to defeat our security but I can tell you on the Chrysler Sentry systems there is a method to make the computer think that theres a fault in the system itself. If you trigger it then it will allow the vehicle to start 3 times while each time flashing the dummy light on the gauge cluster. If you dont bring it in for service after the 3rd start it will have to be towed even if you use the correct key after.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
carson doesnt have decals anymore. Been 1.5 years now. So i doubt it has one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back