Carbon Fiber Hood / Strut Options

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Are you planning to get that clear coated? I really like that hood, but not sure if clear coat is necessary.
Looks to have either a clear coat or resin I just buffed and ceramic coated it’s garage kept hardly ever parked in the sun.

moooosestang

Reaction score
Update it’s been a while but for those who have the same question I went with the redline struts worked great looks good too.

View attachment 86735

View attachment 86736
Can we get some more pics from different angles? I love the newer gt500 look of this hood. I ended up cutting a hole in the stock hood and adding a camaro heat extractor vent for the time being, but still want this thing.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Can we get some more pics from different angles? I love the newer gt500 look of this hood. I ended up cutting a hole in the stock hood and adding a camaro heat extractor vent for the time being, but still want this thing.

Hope this helps I personally love it.
IMG_4105.jpeg IMG_4108.jpeg IMG_4144.jpeg IMG_4208.jpeg A7CEE0FE-27B3-4A00-B6BA-81F40F41797E.jpeg IMG_4225.jpeg

moooosestang

Reaction score
Thanks! that's a great looking hood. i'd be very tempted to paint the vents or paint the hood and leave the vents carbon so they stand out more. Maybe vinyl wrap the hood except for the vents, lol! it would be a shame to cover up all that carbon fiber though.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
I know what you mean I wanted to paint the vents too but was impatient and swapped it out fast. I like the carbon fiber look too probably keep it this way for a while.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
...it would be a shame to cover up all that carbon fiber though.

Yes, but totally worth it.

troy1-jpg.48477

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back