Carbon Fiber Wheels by Carbon Revolution Wheels for S-197 Mustangs ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

GT350R-Wheel-1407_500.jpg

Over on another thread about the GT-350R Mustang it mentions the Carbon-Fiber-Wheels by the company Carbon Fiber Revolution.

I really liked the way they looked and most of all the specs on there low weight.

So I sent an E-Mail yesterday to the company.

I just received a reply and will list it below for those interested.

I was hoping just maybe those new CF wheels for the GT-350R might work on the S-197 Mustangs.

At 11.5" wide for all 4-wheels even if they would fit the S-197 it would not be practical it seems.

Since he specifically states they don't make the CF wheels for the S-197 I take it the CF wheels for the GT-350R won't fit or he would have said so.

Plus they also do-not make the CF wheels for the S-197 Mustangs.

Hello Terry,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our one piece carbon fiber wheels. My name is
Jeff Campbell and I will be your main point of contact here at Carbon Revolution.

Unfortunately at this time we do not manufacture an aftermarket wheel for your
Mustang.

We currently manufacture aftermarket fitments in 19” diameter for the Audi
R8, BMW M3/1M, Chevrolet Corvette, Lamborghini Gallardo, McLaren MP4-12C, and
the Porsche 911/Boxster/Cayman range.

We are indeed the manufacturer of the wheels for the new GT350R, but those wheels
are exclusively made and sold to Ford. If you want to purchase a set you will need to
contact your Ford dealer and inquire through the parts department.
I can tell you that
the sizes are 19x11.5 at all four corners.

Thank you again and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Jeff Campbell
Carbon Revolution
USA:
[email protected]
www.carbonrev.com
Terry

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They would be hellish expensive, if available.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They would be hellish expensive, if available.

I agree but my Mustang is a 2008 model and finally paid for.
So in my case where I am keeping it I might have stepped-up.
I'm not going to say though that if they (Carbon Fiber Revolution) did offer the CF wheels for the S-197 Mustangs.
That I would jump up and pay say $15,000.00 dollars for a set.
And it looks like from the pricing for the other makes of cars that is probably in the ball park of what they would retail for.

http://autoweekusa.kinja.com/would-you-pay-15-000-for-these-carbon-fiber-wheels-493156966

So your right for sure that the cost would out weigh the benefit on a street car and a common-sense purchase.

They sure do look awesome though ..............

home_product_image.png

Terry

Last edited:

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Ford parts catalogue shows them as 11.0"F / 11.5"R, same as the press releases from Ford. Numbers are there, no prices yet. Maybe the 11" fronts would do the trick at all 4 corners for an S197 if you had offset coilovers. I'll keep an eye out for any further info through the parts side.

cheers
Ed

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need offset coilovers to run 11's up front....

but the weight is probably not worth the price. The carbon wheels aren't significantly lighter than a good forged monoblock, and I'd be stunned if these carbon things come in at <$1000 each.

A $350 Forgestar 18x11 weighs 21-22 lbs.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
Plus which, I've read the CF wheels don't bend. They shatter. One wrong pothole and ...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The story I got 2 weeks ago from the service tech guys at local ford dealer is that the 350R will have 305's on the front...and 315's on the rear.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
That's it, they work OK when test on the 350R with the Magnaride shocks that can respond instantly to a big impact, but on an S197 with conventional shocks, who knows.

Wasn't aware that an 11" would fit up front without special coilovers, seemed like 10 - 10.5" was the max from what I've seen cruising the intrawebs. I'm guessing that's assuming a fair amount of camber dialed in too.

cheers
Ed

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
That's it, they work OK when test on the 350R with the Magnaride shocks that can respond instantly to a big impact, but on an S197 with conventional shocks, who knows.

Wasn't aware that an 11" would fit up front without special coilovers, seemed like 10 - 10.5" was the max from what I've seen cruising the intrawebs. I'm guessing that's assuming a fair amount of camber dialed in too.

cheers
Ed

Yep you need camber, and a different offset front and rear. The fitment has been around for a few years, and is popular in the track/autox crowd. Call vorshlag if you want to know more.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I saw where the CF wheels for other cars from same manufacturer sell for $15K it then makes me wonder what do the CF wheels cost on the new GT-350R ?

Surely Ford is not installing CF wheels in that price range on a production Mustang.

I saw above that some of you looked and there is No-Price listed yet for the wheels.

It is going to be very interesting to see what the GT-350R wheels do cost once the price is released.

CYCLOPS

Reaction score
The carbon fiber wheels are part of the $13,500 difference between the GT350 and GT350R and are not a stand alone option. Also the wheels are painted black for UV protection and subsequently will not have the classical carbon fiber look to them.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Think of how much rotational mass will be saved, and how much more power a car can make.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Think of how much rotational mass will be saved, and how much more power a car can make.

hmm, so the wheels let the engine produce more power... :perkinswhatever:

:poke:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
hmm, so the wheels let the engine produce more power... :perkinswhatever:

:poke:
You don't think the dyno would read higher with lighter wheels? And since we know that all automatics have a 30% drivetrain loss, means the engine makes more power from having lighter wheels.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't think the dyno would read higher with lighter wheels? And since we know that all automatics have a 30% drivetrain loss, means the engine makes more power from having lighter wheels.

a dyno reading higher has nothing to do with the car making power, just less parasitic loss so he car will SHOW a higher HP #, not make more power.

30% loss... :okay2:

Go GT

Reaction score
I would have locking lug nuts on every lug at that price

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back