Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
valves and pistons do not like to meet....

That sucks Lito

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
Tonight!

A three-way match between The Piston, The Valve and The HEAD! In the CYLINDER OF DEEEAAAATTTHHHH!

Who will win?!

Find out on S197Forum.com

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
That looks just like the piston and head from my old Cleveland motor I dropped a valve in...

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The head looks shot but the engine looks like just a new piston would take care of it. The cylinder walls don't look damaged but it's hard to tell from the pic. Sorry to see anyone have that happen.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Damn.. hate to see that. What springs were those?

I had to hog heads out quite a bit to get the Manley springs to fit... They were rubbing on the newer 08+ heads where they fit the earlier heads. I plan on asking Michael to keep the cams to around .550 lift to avoid things like this

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Livernois heads?...

Yes. I've have had two sets go thru my hands of the first batch of new cores with 12mm plugs, both sets leaked thru the guides. This set being one of them, then mine and then another driver's head I received with a broken cam cap due to improper packaging, so that adds to 7.500$ of crap.

Now, the breakage doesn't have to be related.

Damn.. hate to see that. What springs were those?

I had to hog heads out quite a bit to get the Manley springs to fit... They were rubbing on the newer 08+ heads where they fit the earlier heads. I plan on asking Michael to keep the cams to around .550 lift to avoid things like this

The ones that Livernois provided, that initially said they were .600 lift (but they won't go much farther than .550).

After you have your engine running for some miles, I suggest inspecting them so you may catch possible issues before something like this happened.

I did wanted to remove the heads from the car when they were smoking and switching springs at the same time but customer said no, we would have catched this before happening, now it is too late.

We installed my engine in the car and now I am looking on what to do with all that is left.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It sucks to see and hear that happen.

Although it does look like your valves are screaming lol.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Sorry to see the carnage but it looks like a tune issue. Perhaps if you knew of somebody that could tune the new motor for you, this might not happen again. Do you know of anybody local?

:popcorneat:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
IIRC they used Manley Nextec for awhile before the current springs. They were known for breaking. Do you have any idea of what springs were in the heads?

How much does the price of car parts go up once they go through customs? 50%?

What have you decided for your car? Still thinking about 3.70x?.

Yes. I've have had two sets go thru my hands of the first batch of new cores with 12mm plugs, both sets leaked thru the guides. This set being one of them, then mine and then another driver's head I received with a broken cam cap due to improper packaging, so that adds to 7.500$ of crap.

Now, the breakage doesn't have to be related.

The ones that Livernois provided, that initially said they were .600 lift (but they won't go much farther than .550).

After you have your engine running for some miles, I suggest inspecting them so you may catch possible issues before something like this happened.

I did wanted to remove the heads from the car when they were smoking and switching springs at the same time but customer said no, we would have catched this before happening, now it is too late.

We installed my engine in the car and now I am looking on what to do with all that is left.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Ouch! I hate it when that happens to anybody! Been there, done that, hate to see anyone have to deal with that kind of BS.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back