Carpet/Cloth Seats and Engine Detailing

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Wanted to get a pool of answers from the detailers here, especially you guys who have your own buisness. I do a side detailing buisness out of my garage and I really want to broaden my services to include cleaning carpet and cloth seats and also the engine bay. I'm really a stickler when it comes to putting my name on a job so I want whatever works the best preferably quick, although we all know detailing is rarely quick.

So, what do you guys use when it comes to cleaning cloth seats, carpet, and engine bay detailing? Process and steps? How much do you charge? I've looked at the CQuartz Fabric, but that seems more of a protectant than a cleaner.

Thanks guys!

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
As a ex WV resident, I'll chime in :)

I only do this for personal use, but I've used Stoners Upholstery cleaner for the seats and 303 for the carpets. Seems to be pretty good. detailed Image.com recommended that stuff and the local home depot sells it so I'm happy. I use Meguiars Interior detailed for the dash ,console doors, etc. Really like how it doesn't leave an oily mess. Walmart sells it so that's nice too. I finish with 303 protectorant. Engine, I'm not as good with. I still won't take a hose to it like most people. I use Chemical Guys APC diluted down so its light. That seems to take the dirt and grime off pretty well. Looking for some better stuff for the engine myself. Hope that helps!!

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
As far as interior, I have been using Mothers VLR for the dash, plastic, and leather seat cleanup. However, im not liking it that much. Im currently on the lookout for something a little better.

Carpet cleaning - I have had a stroke of luck. I found that Blue Magic 900 is a great cleaner for carpet and some cloth seats. Works well. You just spray it on the spot and let it sit for maybe 15 sec. Then take a stiff brush ( nylon bristle or something of the sort) and agitate the carpet in a North, East, South, West pattern. Do that until the stain comes out. It has worked on some really nasty stains for me. Heres the link http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BMG0/912/N0466.oap?ck=Search_N0466_-1_-1&pt=N0466&ppt=C0209

Im not sure on engine care. I usually take a damp cloth and wipe mine down. It has worked for the most part but id really love to have a better regimen for that as I find myself getting more and more picky with things.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I've been looking at the idea of getting a medium grade carpet steamer from Amazon or something, but I think I'll try using some product and elbow grease first.

I havn't had to detail a completely neglected car from the inside yet, but I'd like to be ready and assure them it will be flawless.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
If you're doing it and getting paid, get the Mytee Lite 8050. Thing is PHENOMENAL. I prep the spots with Meguiars Protein Stain remover mixed with a light citrus degreaser, then I let the carpet soak a minute with the hot water from Mytee Lite and scrub it in with a medium bristle brush. Then extract

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back