Cars.com rates the 2015

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
This site (cars.com) apparently decided to rate the top cars that debuted in the 2014 Detroit auto show. Mustang is in here.

AB: Loser
The Chevy Camaro is outselling the Mustang with an older design featuring a lower-quality interior, and Ford responds by making a new Mustang ... that looks like the old one? Ford played it too safe with this new Mustang, softening the design of the current one but breaking no new ground whatsoever. The next Camaro is not far away, and I bet Chevy is smelling blood right about now.

JW: Loser
I expected to like it more than I did. The silhouette is nice, but overall the combination of new cues with its retro substrate looks awkward. It's chunky in front and shrink-wrapped in back. I'm also bummed that the backseat is less accommodating. Is that a shortcoming in this car type? Arguably not. But the larger backseat was a bonus in the previous generation, especially compared with the Camaro.

MH: Winner
I'm not wild about the new front end, particularly how the hood drops at the front of the car, but the fastback roofline looks great, as does the interior. Here's hoping it's at least as fun to drive as the prior generation, which is one of the things that distinguished that car from its competitors.

JB: Loser
I stared at the Mustang for what seemed like an eternity trying to figure out what was wrong. After all, I loved the way it looked in photos. The problem was forward of the cabin where the Mustang is bulky and long, appearing like a different car compared to the windshield rearward.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
lol judging based on exterior alone.

Never mind the completely new suspension, shorter/wider wheel base, and motor making even more power than the last.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with some of their thoughts... At this point, not seeing one in person... I would rather have my 2014 with the 2015 Interior.

I cannot quite place why... I think of the solid rear axle and how I personally really enjoy the look of the front end and rear end of the 2013-2014 models. I like the headlights more on the 14 than the 12's only because of the HID and smaller look. But I prefer the look of the 12's...

Honestly, everything I motioned above is why we bought the 14 and did not wait for what the 15 would officially look like. Why not buy the last model year of a well refined version?!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
My gripe all along with the '15 has been that oversized, chunky, drooping nose. Also the overall busy-ness of the lower front and rear fascias.

So in short, I agree with their aesthetic assessments but I think the mechanicals are really going to make the new car incredible.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah, these writers are basing their opinions on styling alone, which is 100% subjective. I am the exact opposite in my opion of the styling...I love everything about it EXCEPT the rear end. But that's JMHO.

Ford engineers/designers/marketers aren't idiots. They know how inportant the success of this new car is to the company. When it hits the streets, this car will be 100% better than the current car in every way, especially the interior and suspension.

On a different note, I still can't figure out how/why the current Camaro out sells the Mustang :crazy:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
On a different note, I still can't figure out how/why the current Camaro out sells the Mustang :crazy:

I can tell you why in 2 unrelated words.

Bumblebee / Mullett

That said, had Barricade kicked more ass in Fanformers every kid would be screaming for a black stang. Fuck that.
Brought to you by tapatalk; 70k fuck yeah.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Like someone else said, all of these comments on the new car are based on the overall look of it. None of it is technical. The fact no one brought up the new IRS is baffling, considering that is the biggest highlight.

I agree with some of their points, however the first commenter, saying it looks like the old one is legally blind.

Not worried though, the opinions of people over at Cars.com has as much weight as a 3 year old teaching me how to do my taxes.

Last edited:

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It definitely doesn't draw me in like the 2005 did when I first saw it in person. Having said that, it is still a design that I like overall. It was actually noticeable when standing next to one that the car is lower and wider than the outgoing model. The roof was low enough for me to point it out to my buddy.

One thing that surprised me was the variation in wheel widths up front. I know these are pre-production models but I saw 225's up front on a GT and 255's on both GT's and ecoboosts. I believe I also might have seen a 265/275 front back combo, but my memory may have failed me there.

I really wish they had a one or two that they would let you sit in. I'm wondering if the outward visibility is going to be compromised and be more like the Camaro? Overall I am torn between a 2015 Mustang and a 2015 F150 when the lease on my 2013 F150 is up.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
:roflmao: These reviews always crack me up

Indeed! What do the reviewers drive and own? Honders, toyotees, etc. I doubt more than one has owned a Mustang.

Regardless and as noted, the performance and handling aspects are crucial and of course not available to the reviewers yet. Most of us have hated half of the current designs since 2011, but other aspects of the car made up for that.

I suspect these cars will be great performers and will be fun to drive :beer:
Until then, and until I drive one, I won't pay much attention to what others have to say.
:bs:

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
cars.com. LOL

that holds about as much weight as asking my 78yr old neighbor what she thinks.

cars.com is a total joke.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Them and Edmunds. I can't even fathom how much misinformation Edmunds has had on their website.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I am still a bit unsure of how much I like the new mustang. I know it will be mechanically superior, but I am still very undecided on what I see as far as styling.

that being said I take very little consideration of what most critics say about cars. I am also a bit jaded seeing all the undue praise for cars like the civic and camry through the 90's and 00's and then finding out years later certain critics were taking money from honda and toyota.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
You know the test drives are gonna get good reviews, at least the v8s will i would think. Time will tell

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Seeing it in person yesterday I still agree with my previous thoughts which are the same as the comments below... The nose is F'd up. I am sure Steeda/Roush/Saleen will come up with new front ends that don't look so clunky and awkward. That will be my first upgrade in 16 or 17 when I can afford one.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Lol back seat less accommodative? Clearly they went off of an exterior review alone. The back seat actually has more room than...well, I guess ever, although it looks smaller from the outside.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back