cars dealerships

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Cool. Gottcha. Im such a newbie for being as old as i am. Comes from years of being "poor white trash" i guess. Hell im 41 and have only ever bought one brand new car.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So if you could get a better deal for yourself you wouldnt haggle for it? Interesting.

Ken you dont have to disclose you have a trade. I never do, not until i have a price im comfortable with on the new car. I was taught that by a family friend that has been selling cars since he was 18, he just retired from the same dealership after 40 years. He taught me a lot. Wanna know why they ask you "Well what payment range do you want to be in?" Lets just say there is some leeway in what interest rate they will give you.

My numbers were not easy to hit.

Yeah, payment range is definitely the absolute worst way to buy. Although, if you really know the numbers, you can make it work for you.

Also, at some dealers, the used car and new car are completely separate, like the one I worked at. Used car manager sets the trade price and new car is not allowed to change it (that did spark a screaming match or 2 in the back lot!), (they did that to keep the new side from burying the used side). Depending on time of month and factory dealer promotion, have seen some crazy shit. Dealers sell a lot of cars. You only buy seldom. They have seen every version of I won't tell you I have a trade in the book. If you won't say, they usually assume you do and keep the deal moving forward.

You always want to buy during the end of the month and end of the quarter, if you can.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Difficult to advertise prices with sales tax because sales tax will vary based on your registration address. And when was the last time you saw Wal Mart advertise an item price including taxes?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
For a premium, it was a great deal, I haven't seen any premiums for less than 37/38, IIRC. We just thought you were bitching about "hidden costs" again, didn't know you bought it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back