CDC Splitter installed

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting this on my 2010. Now with the boss 302 rear diffuser, I feel I’m done with the “ground effects”.

440f83c403fd05e91e3dc4da5eaee461.jpg

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same CDC lower splitter as you have. But I also used the optional CDC brake cooling duct option. The CDC kit comes with a pair of 2.5" OD orange silicone brake hoses (corrugated on the outside only, smooth bore on the inside) that feeds the new CDC 14" front brake dust shields. I'm using oem front 2 piston brakes, and Hawk HPS brake pads + SS brake lines. I can't use the bigger 14" brakes, since not enough clearance for my 18" AM Chrome Bullitt front wheels + 3mm spacers. The CDC 14" dust shields work just fine with my oem 12.8" front brakes. It solved my front brake cooling brake cooling issues.

The CDC brake cooling setup is slick, they used a unique offset to get under the oem windshield washer bottle on pass side.

I have the small Roush M90 blower, FRPP twin 62mm throttle body, and JBA LT's..and a 94 tune. The issue with the 2010 car is...the oem upper grille is 80% blocked off. I replaced the oem upper grille with the 7 bar grille...and now one helluva lot more airflow though the upper grille. It also eliminated the 2 x 90 degree bends into the oem ..'snorkel' that feeds air into the airbox. Now the air is straight in. Note it also eliminates the oem upper foglamps.

I used the rear spoiler (with gurney flap) from the 2012 GT-500...... and also used the lower rear valance from the 2012 GT-500 (where the exhaust is).

Only other exterior mod was the Roush side splitters. They are 3/8" thick, and stick out each side aprx 2". They are an optical illusion, and make the car seem like it's lower than it actually is. Mine is lowered 1.25" in the rear and .5" on the front.

Be careful with curbs etc. My CDC front spoiler got trashed 2 years ago, coming down my daughters steep gravel and rock driveway. Going up was fine, but coming down, it bottomed out...about 6' from the main road. Since replaced with another CDC unit. I looked at a few options, including the Boss, but liked the CDC version the best. It looks good on my Black 2010 GT, so left it unpainted. I use armorall on it, and it looks great.

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Did the Boss diffuser require any modification to the GT bumper cover?

No, it goes right in place of the stock piece. Ford had a deal. It was like 180 bucks installed. Go on the ford accessories site and you’ll see it.

466d889a00d09eb251cdf639a8c4c8ac.jpg

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same CDC lower splitter as you have. But I also used the optional CDC brake cooling duct option. The CDC kit comes with a pair of 2.5" OD orange silicone brake hoses (corrugated on the outside only, smooth bore on the inside) that feeds the new CDC 14" front brake dust shields. I'm using oem front 2 piston brakes, and Hawk HPS brake pads + SS brake lines. I can't use the bigger 14" brakes, since not enough clearance for my 18" AM Chrome Bullitt front wheels + 3mm spacers. The CDC 14" dust shields work just fine with my oem 12.8" front brakes. It solved my front brake cooling brake cooling issues.

The CDC brake cooling setup is slick, they used a unique offset to get under the oem windshield washer bottle on pass side.

I have the small Roush M90 blower, FRPP twin 62mm throttle body, and JBA LT's..and a 94 tune. The issue with the 2010 car is...the oem upper grille is 80% blocked off. I replaced the oem upper grille with the 7 bar grille...and now one helluva lot more airflow though the upper grille. It also eliminated the 2 x 90 degree bends into the oem ..'snorkel' that feeds air into the airbox. Now the air is straight in. Note it also eliminates the oem upper foglamps.

I used the rear spoiler (with gurney flap) from the 2012 GT-500...... and also used the lower rear valance from the 2012 GT-500 (where the exhaust is).

Only other exterior mod was the Roush side splitters. They are 3/8" thick, and stick out each side aprx 2". They are an optical illusion, and make the car seem like it's lower than it actually is. Mine is lowered 1.25" in the rear and .5" on the front.

Be careful with curbs etc. My CDC front spoiler got trashed 2 years ago, coming down my daughters steep gravel and rock driveway. Going up was fine, but coming down, it bottomed out...about 6' from the main road. Since replaced with another CDC unit. I looked at a few options, including the Boss, but liked the CDC version the best. It looks good on my Black 2010 GT, so left it unpainted. I use armorall on it, and it looks great.

Sounds nice. Post some pics

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back