Ceiling and roof issue

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time restoring/repairing my roof. I was wondering if $4200 is a reasonable quote for:

1) repointing/re-bed
2) gutter clean
3) pressure clean/paint and coat
4) fix/replace/repair any broken tiles

Is there anything else I'm missing that I should include when repairing and restoring my roof to its optimal condition?

Can you share your experience?

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time restoring/repairing my roof. I was wondering if $4200 is a reasonable quote for:

1) repointing/re-bed
2) gutter clean
3) pressure clean/paint and coat
4) fix/replace/repair any broken tiles

Is there anything else I'm missing that I should include when repairing and restoring my roof to its optimal condition?

Can you share your experience with this roof repair springfield va?
thanks for any help

DieHarder

Reaction score
Always important to get a few quotes to understand what those services typically run in your area. If you can do some of the work yourself (like clean out gutters and install plastic gutter guards ~ $3/panel at HD when I did it on my ranch - single story) you can save significantly. I tend to find that many handymen can do a lot of these jobs for a lot less. Not too long ago I had someone do repointing/re-bed on the chimney and install gutter guards on the upper gutters for less than one fourth of that quote. Last time I had someone fix/repair broken tiles it cost me $300 to fix 5 or 6. Of course, I probably live in a different area so likely not an apples-to-apples comparison.

To illustrate how wildly quotes can vary... I wanted to get 400 sq ft of tile installed (that I already had on hand) and got 3 quotes. The first guy said $9500. The second $4900 and the last $1800 (which included taking up the old tile). I ended up hiring the last guy and gave him a bonus at the end of the job. Of course it helps to know a bit about the kind of work they'll be performing so bone up on U-tube so you understand what's involved and what it really takes to do the job both in skill and tools.

Bottom line: Do some research and get more quotes. I've had decent results with Craig's List.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Get three+ estimates from reliable local and established companies that are insured. Also do research to see what their rating is BBB. Ask for references too...

More importantly, buy a Mustang! :) LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back