centri's - boost vs rpm

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good call, i was worried about them having to be installed in-line, but after some reading, you're help and finally looking at pictures, i think i have a good idea now. i think at low boost, a ebay cheapo is gonna be fine insurance for me. i'm gonna do it, now i just need to figure out what size.

Lay off the wild turkey lol. Ebay cheapo wg and fine insurance should never go in the same statement. You realize if the wg fails shut your gonna blow your motor from over boost.

On a side note if your running a low boost pulley on the blower there is no need for the wg on the charge piping that defeats the purpose. To get the gains in the low-mid range you have to run a high boost pulley 15-20psi, then wastegate it down to a safe level ie 10psi max.

Last edited:

bigmachano

Weapon IX
Reaction score
no, i'm tracking that. the only reason that i'm looking at this is the kit i bought is coming with a little smaller pulley than i'm probably ready to use and i'm not sure how much boost i'll be making on my motor. so, i'm gonna pick up an adjustable wastegate so that i have some room for tuning the motor. this is just for my own personal edification and will make me feel better when my foot has a problem with gravity if when the motor gets up in the revs and the wastegate opens up at 8 lbs

really i should have just bought a turbo in the first place, but i didn't

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back