Cheap Ebay Brembos?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? They are supposed to be rebuilt and do have "brembo" cast into the rear. They come with new hardware as well. I have a pair of them on the way as they were too cheap to ignore. Under $200 once I found both sides.
I'll post pics once I receive them.

Note that you will have to go to the bottom right and click "Skip these Deals & Continue to ebay.com" http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-...ang-/332088941131?vxp=mtr&hash=item4d520b1a4b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-...ang-/332088941131?vxp=mtr&hash=item4d520b1a4b

If they do arrive bare like in the pictures, any color suggestions for a dark candy apple red car with graphite GT350 wheels? I was thinking either silver with a black brembo decal, a dove grey of some kind, or just black.

I will use Centric premium solid rotors and stoptech's street sport pad from rockauto. This whole setup can be done for around $500 if this works out.

chair

forum member
Reaction score
wow thats pretty dang cheap. already got brembos but still curious on these

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They're knockoffs. I would report them to Brembo, who has been making an effort to stop counterfeit parts.

You really want to trust cheap Chinese knockoffs on your braking system?!

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
They're knockoffs. I would report them to Brembo, who has been making an effort to stop counterfeit parts.

You really want to trust cheap Chinese knockoffs on your braking system?!

While it probably is a knock off, it says it is a used part (reman) off a Mustang, how much should a used brake caliper they made a million of cost? Meaning are well calling a counterfeit because its "cheap"?
Is the price really that much cheaper than a local reman from a parts house or Rock Auto?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be buying the 2015 caliper that's a 4 pot stock. Just not named or anything

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be buying the 2015 caliper that's a 4 pot stock. Just not named or anything

I have a set of those. Supposedly they are made by Brembo? They have FoMoCo cast in the back though.

RockAuto has "reman" Cardone Brembos for about the same price, I don't know much about them though.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of effort to cast in the brembo, the FoMoCo, and then ding them up to look like rebuilt calipers. I guess we'll find out.

I'll run whatever numbers I find on them and inspect them. If I don't like anything, I'll get the s550 calipers.

The one good thing is that I have used plenty of cardone parts and had zero issues-including their brake calipers.

Here is the way I see it, if they are counterfeits, I will make a thread to help everyone spot the differences as there always are differences with counterfeits.

Last edited by a moderator:

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did some research on counterfeit brembos and this is more of an unauthorized rebuild rather than a fake caliper made in a Chinese factory.

This blurs the line as the rebuild parts are not likely to be made by Brembo. If I need peace of mind, I'll order the rebuild parts from Race Technologies or buy the Motorcraft version.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That's a good deal on those parts, no denying that, but I think after you have them coated, and add rotors, pads, brake dust shields (if you use them), lines, and what ever other random hardware that you may need, you probably aren't going to be much better off than getting a set of GT500/Track Pack Brembos from the used market.

I got my "like new" take off GT500 Brembos/Pads/rotors for (IIRC) around $500 shipped from a fellow forum member four years ago. I have seen sets for sale much cheaper since then, if you can find them and snag them before someone else does.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting them here is Canada is still pricey. Going rate is $800 CDN ($625 usd) and you get the same lines as my car already has, and used rotors and pads that probably weren't properly bedded and have seen who knows what for ham-fisted abuse. I've looked at 2 sets in the Vancouver area and rejected both as the pad wear was uneven and the rotors were trash, I offered $500 for the calipers alone, neither offer was accepted.

This way I have brand new rotors and pads and I can buy whatever lines I want as well.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Brembo and Ford offer no service parts for the S197 Brembo calipers other than the dust boots. Any rebuild would be with unauthorized parts as mentioned.

The S550 4-piston calipers are made by Aisin from what I've heard.

cheers
Ed

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The S550 4-piston calipers are made by Aisin from what I've heard.

That would explain why the first time I saw the S550 caliper, it reminded me of the ones on the Toyota 4x4's.

I wonder if those are made in Indonesia like most of the Toyota ones or if they have a North American factory for them?

Back