Chevykiller - Up for grabs AGAIN!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a car next week, if I don't end up with that then I will be headed to california.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Canada (Vancouver) on Monday and will be back on Thursday so I will make a decision what to do then.

I have a backup offer waiting in the winds right now for 21K so if I don't get anyone else - it's probably going to go next weekend for 21K

I'll be glad to see it gone after this 'eye-opening mustang-valuation' experience and I can say with 100% positivity that my days as the 'chevykiller' are over - cause I will never build nor own a ford-powered car ever again as they obviously aren't worth shit...lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark - good luck. I think it's just that the economy is still so uncertain, people are holding on to their cash, as well you are trying to move it fast.

It's a shame if you sell it that cheap.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Canada (Vancouver) on Monday and will be back on Thursday so I will make a decision what to do then.

I have a backup offer waiting in the winds right now for 21K so if I don't get anyone else - it's probably going to go next weekend for 21K

I'll be glad to see it gone after this 'eye-opening mustang-valuation' experience and I can say with 100% positivity that my days as the 'chevykiller' are over - cause I will never build nor own a ford-powered car ever again as they obviously aren't worth shit...lol
Mark,

I don't think it has anything to do with the Mustang you have built.
Most people that get a pay check are having a really hard time these days.
Salary Cuts, Jobs Eliminated.
And No-Jobs are all contributing to why you have not had a {Reasonable} offer.

Terry

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah - I know guys - I think I am just venting and more frustrated with the economy in general and not the mustang in particular.

Mark Mahood just sold his race car and stacker trailer for 55K!!!!

Bear in mind this is a 200K car with a 100K Alan Johnson Motor on top and a 60K stacker trailer

If 300K is only getting 55K cash, then I guess my stang is worth about 10K right now in this market.:sigh1:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It is a shitty market but this is definitely a good deal it's obvious.
You just gotta find the guys with money to blow lol

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Seems how you are giving it away for pennies on the dollar, can I have the trailer for 1k delivered? Lol. I love that trailer!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't even sell it ---- you have worked so hard and so long to get the car to this point, now I would just race it and enjoy it. Going 5.65 in the 1/8th or 8.60s in the 1/4 has got to fun, no?

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score

I lol'd at this...cause you know, everyone wants a gutted car that you cant do shit with other than run down a 1/4 mile track...Also what a good way to sell your car by badmouthing it and its value, seems counterproductive to me...While its a nice car for the track, its obviously a niche market and its unfortunate that your not really getting anyone that wants it for that purpose. Good luck to you but I would definitely part it out if your looking to recoup as much money as possible. But really, what did you expect when you built it? You have to have more sense than to think you made a wise investment by building a race car.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
This is like the Pawn Stars show when I see guys with priceless stuff just giving it away. Dude unless you owe someone money and they are going to chop you off at the knees I would just hang on to the car untill someone has the money to pay what its worth. Right now you are just coming off as desperate and people are just sitting back waiting for the lowest dollar amount. Good luck and I love your car I wish I had the cash money to buy it. If I did I would be on a plane to cali in a sec.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I lol'd at this...cause you know, everyone wants a gutted car that you cant do shit with other than run down a 1/4 mile track...Also what a good way to sell your car by badmouthing it and its value, seems counterproductive to me...While its a nice car for the track, its obviously a niche market and its unfortunate that your not really getting anyone that wants it for that purpose. Good luck to you but I would definitely part it out if your looking to recoup as much money as possible. But really, what did you expect when you built it? You have to have more sense than to think you made a wise investment by building a race car.

Building anything for race is never an investment - in fact - building any vehicle at all is never for investment - not even nickel and dime BS mods like most of you do. However, it doesn't change the value of the car which realistically is 60K. The fact no one on this forum or the other couple places I have it listed have stepped up in the last two weeks does not mean my car isn't worth shit - I know better - it's just that where it's posted for sale - no one who wants it can afford it. It does take a big pair of balls to drive it and I do understand that as well so the car isn't for everyone but it certainly is underpriced by a lot and anyone who says different doesn't know shit about the value of high performance luxury items.

It is a 'niche' market cause the person who buys it has to be able to have it as a 'toy' - not the only vehicle they own and try to drive to work everyday. But IMO - if you are in that boat - you shouldn't even be modding your car.

I have 12 pink slips in my drawer so for me, it is a 'toy' and that is who needs to buy it - and if you don't fall into that category of being able to afford a 'toy' - then you shouldn't even be commenting in this thread.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems how you are giving it away for pennies on the dollar, can I have the trailer for 1k delivered? Lol. I love that trailer!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The trailer is already sold to Paul if the Killer doesn't get sold with the trailer.

BTW: the 21K back-up was a typo - it is 22K and it also DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TRAILER - so you guys PM'ing me to match it - won't happen - 24K is the lowest I will go for the car alone. 32K is the LOWEST price for the car and trailer.

This is a forum and sometimes it's a nice place to vent some frustration for me about things like nobody having any money in the country but that does not mean the comments some of you make mean anything.

If you have not built at least a 10 sec mustang, or built or owned anything in a professional racing caliber, then your opinion means absolutely squat cause you don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to value or cost of things - cause you have never done it.

Some of you (not you Kim) just be aware of that fact when you post your opinion on stuff that you know absolutely dick about.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't even sell it ---- you have worked so hard and so long to get the car to this point, now I would just race it and enjoy it. Going 5.65 in the 1/8th or 8.60s in the 1/4 has got to fun, no?

It's fun Paul - but come out to the desert with me one night (seriously - why don't you come out with me?) and you will see in the first 2 minuets what fun 'really' is...:naughty1:

There is no comparison to driving 110 mph in the black of night through the middle of the desert...

both thrilling and terrifying at the same time.

I have driven 150 mph boats, I raced pro jet ski's back in the day, I have raced circle tracks, concourse, even drifted, and many that know me, know I was a factory rider for Kawasaki once upon a time, and I have even driven a 1/4 mile car over 200 mph down the track and...

Driving Big Papa trumps them all hands down.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's fun Paul - but come out to the desert with me one night (seriously - why don't you come out with me?) and you will see in the first 2 minuets what fun 'really' is...:naughty1:

There is no comparison to driving 110 mph in the black of night through the middle of the desert...

both thrilling and terrifying at the same time.

I have driven 150 mph boats, I raced pro jet ski's back in the day, I have raced circle tracks, concourse, even drifted, and many that know me, know I was a factory rider for Kawasaki once upon a time, and I have even driven a 1/4 mile car over 200 mph down the track and...

Driving Big Papa trumps them all hands down.
And I thought I had done some things over the years.
You have done a lot !!!
Congrats Man .....
Oh and I do know what things cost.

Terry

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
i agree totally with you. i do have the money to buy this but like the other guys said it is very hard to buy things that just go down in value and the economy plays a big roll also. i think i will just keep building my car seance i am right there with you on the new motor, trans, and every thing else i have done in the last several months to make it fast an make big numbers.

probercr93

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, I remember seeing this thing for sale a while back and was frustrated when it was taken off the market. Now I've dropped almost 50k into my car and yours goes back up for sale. Worst freaking timing I swear! lol GREAT CAR!! INSANE PRICE!!! I honestly can't believe you're even thinking about selling it that cheap. Hell 30k is cheap let alone 24! No offense, I'm sure you're a great guy, but I hate you right now! lol Poor poor timing. hmph :sigh1:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And I thought I had done some things over the years.
You have done a lot !!!
Congrats Man .....
Oh and I do know what things cost.

Terry

I know you do terry - it wasn't directed at you...:highfive:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car is currently pending sale. I told someone I would give them a week so I shall.

Stay tuned to find out if the car is going to BC or staying here....:naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back