Chevykiller - Up for grabs AGAIN!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know you do terry - it wasn't directed at you...:highfive:
No Smart Crap from this end Pal.
I just wanted you to know that I do understand the situation.
I Hate it for you as I have taken a Beating so many times over the years on Cars.
Everyone wants them when their not for sell.
Then we put them up for sell and can't find a single Buyer anywhere.
The one thing I have found out over the years is this.
(Cars Loose Money)
And Performance Cars even more Money will be Lost.
The Public wants them but most of the time they Don't have the Dollars for their Want.
And they cannot get a Loan to purchase them usually.

To just say this in a few words and this is me, Not-You.
I have on occasions just said (Screw-It) and took the Beating and moved on.

Cars is all I have ever really been interested in and really enjoyed so I am still screwing with them.

There is just no hope for a few of us and I am one of them.

Take Care Buddy,
Terry Honaker

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
You know I've been in love with that car since the day you built it. I can't believe no one grabbed it at 45k honestly. Id keep racing it and have a for sale sign on it at the track for no less than 40k with the trailer. I know someone will grab it Mark, may just take time. At least get a stock stang for the wife so you stay on the forum..lol. Beautiful car as always brother!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not even nickel and dime BS mods like most of you do.

No need to insult those who dont have as much money as you Mark. I don't feel I or most of the higher HP members here do nickel and dime BS mods. In fact you did say you regretted turning the car into what it is today, whereas most of us can still drive the cars on the street without issue and enjoy them on and off the track. Im not trying to argue or start an argument here, but that comment threw me for a bit, and coming from you, it just sounded off.

However, it doesn't change the value of the car which realistically is 60K.

I will beg to differ on this comment as well. Modifying a car, in any way, decreases the value substantially, whether its performance or aesthetics, unless your buying a tuner car from Roush, Saleen, ect. You are right that it is a niche market, and the niche is generally people building and modifying the cars on their time, their budget, and by their own hands. Its part of the experience of owning a car such as this. Most people would rather do it themselves, than buy a predone car. Now I know your going to say that you've worked out all the bugs for them and that is a fact, you have. I, personally, through all the ups and downs I've had, look back and embrace the bad as much as the good. Who knew I could swap a motor, re-time engines, change cams, build intercooler systems from scratch. Hell i knew nothing about cars when I started, and now theres no job (at least on a mustang) that im afraid to do. Thats a learning experience I would not have gotten had I bought a predone car.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Agree with the above. I think another thing that hurts is the fact banks don't want to loan enough money on cars like this. Ford also hit a home run with the new cars and the rates people have been getting on them, the warranty, etc. helps to pull people away from buying a modded screamer like this one.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
You can guarantee smog on this thing?

In that case, I am interested in your smog "services". =D (and probably everyone else who lives in CA with some, uh, tasteful mods).

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No need to insult those who dont have as much money as you Mark. I don't feel I or most of the higher HP members here do nickel and dime BS mods. In fact you did say you regretted turning the car into what it is today, whereas most of us can still drive the cars on the street without issue and enjoy them on and off the track. Im not trying to argue or start an argument here, but that comment threw me for a bit, and coming from you, it just sounded off.

I agree I should have been more specific in the comment. To clarify - what I was trying to point out exactly is that if you (anyone) only have experience in low cost mods, then you have no knowledge of cost and worth of expensive mods and your opinion has no basis behind it.

I will beg to differ on this comment as well. Modifying a car, in any way, decreases the value substantially, whether its performance or aesthetics, unless your buying a tuner car from Roush, Saleen, ect. You are right that it is a niche market, and the niche is generally people building and modifying the cars on their time, their budget, and by their own hands. Its part of the experience of owning a car such as this. Most people would rather do it themselves, than buy a predone car. Now I know your going to say that you've worked out all the bugs for them and that is a fact, you have. I, personally, through all the ups and downs I've had, look back and embrace the bad as much as the good. Who knew I could swap a motor, re-time engines, change cams, build intercooler systems from scratch. Hell i knew nothing about cars when I started, and now theres no job (at least on a mustang) that im afraid to do. Thats a learning experience I would not have gotten had I bought a predone car.

If only that were true, Ron. The fact is everyone who has actually built a car looks back and realizes they could have bought it for much less than building it. Most people don't know the actual cost of a build cause they think - "I can just build that kind of power myself" and think about motors and trannies and think they have it all worked out. Then - they find out the little things add up over and over and over until the 'little' things end up costing twice as much as your motor.

The value of the car is 60K EASILY. If I parted the car (which I was about to do) - the motor alone is an easy 15K and that's what a 20K race motor with only 300 miles goes for almost everywhere race engines are sold. The rear end, the trans, the AMS100, the turbo system, etc, etc, etc.

I will say right now that NO ONE (not even a shop owner with commercial pricing) can build a 8 second 3V for less than 100K. a 40% market cut for the build being 'used' is more than reasonable.

Looks at boats - they depreciate like mad as soon as you drive them away but go look at a 32' twin eliminator that is brand new and it is about 200K and then see a used one that has been modified with 1000 hp twins, awesome drives, and has 300K into it. It's not selling for 80K lol Try about 220K.

Just because something is modded does not mean it decreases in value - the big factor is the quality of the mods.

If you put a livernois stroker motor in your car it is worth far less than a Rich Groh 20K billet motor in your car. certainly we can agree on that?

Anyway, I think the car is worth 60K but in this current market I am thinking 25-30K and that's exactly what I'm getting.

There is now 5 people in line for when I get back from Canada on Thursday so I'm pretty sure at least one of them is going to actually come up with the cash so I'm pretty confident the Killer is sold on Thursday but we shall see...lol

It really looks like the canadian guys who own a performance shop in Florida are going to be the ones as they are offering 34K and willing to do a wire transfer on Thursday. So if they are legit on Thursday, then you will be seeing the killer at the local tracks in Florida real soon.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can guarantee smog on this thing?

In that case, I am interested in your smog "services". =D (and probably everyone else who lives in CA with some, uh, tasteful mods).

I if you live in cali and you don't have a 'smog guy' - then you shouldn't be doing anything with racing...lol

I have 3 'smog guys' off the top of my head that will smog anything.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse us poor people sir.
If you're shitting money it shouldn't matter what you sell the car for.
amiright? :naughty1:

Nothing wrong with poor people - something wrong with poor people giving comments on rich stuff they don't know shit about....:naughty1:

If you have only ever bought or owned a 74 Javelin - then that's great and I'm interested in all your opinions on a Javelin and what they are worth. However, don't start telling me about how much my Porsche is worth.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If only that were true, Ron. The fact is everyone who has actually built a car looks back and realizes they could have bought it for much less than building it. Most people don't know the actual cost of a build cause they think - "I can just build that kind of power myself" and think about motors and trannies and think they have it all worked out. Then - they find out the little things add up over and over and over until the 'little' things end up costing twice as much as your motor.

Of course you can buy it for less, but you dont get the experience of building it yourself. That part is priceless, at least to me. Im sure many others may agree with that. I could have bought a Viper, twin turboed it and been faster than I am now for far less than I could have spent on this car. I could have bought a fox body mustang all done up, cage, chute, pulling 8 sec 1/4 mile times for far less than I have spent on my car, but then I wouldnt have learned anything in the process either.

The value of the car is 60K EASILY. If I parted the car (which I was about to do) - the motor alone is an easy 15K and that's what a 20K race motor with only 300 miles goes for almost everywhere race engines are sold. The rear end, the trans, the AMS100, the turbo system, etc, etc, etc.

Trust me wen I say I agreewith you. The value of my car should be about 30-35k with the work and parts and crap ive put into it, but its not and i accept that. I didnt build it to sell it, I built it to race it. If i got 20k for my car, id be happy, if i were selling it.

Looks at boats - they depreciate like mad as soon as you drive them away but go look at a 32' twin eliminator that is brand new and it is about 200K and then see a used one that has been modified with 1000 hp twins, awesome drives, and has 300K into it. It's not selling for 80K lol Try about 220K.

Boats are a whole different story mark. I know boats. My family has been through 5 of them in the past 10 years. Scarabs, Cigarettes, you name it. The difference here is we arent modifying the boats liek we are modifying cars. I get where you are going with the example, but it jsut doesnt apply. its apples to oranges, or in this case, more like seaweed, lol

Just because something is modded does not mean it decreases in value - the big factor is the quality of the mods.

I agree that that SHOULD be the case, but the market disagrees, as well as most individuals. Its VERY hard to sell a race car let alone a modified car. the niche is very very small forthose who A. Have the money and B. have even more to pay people to do the work for them, in this case buying a properly built race car like yours.

If you put a livernois stroker motor in your car it is worth far less than a Rich Groh 20K billet motor in your car. certainly we can agree on that?

I can agree on that to a certain extend. But if my livernois motor puts out the same power as Rich's and lasts the same amount of time, then why would I go with Rich;s motor? Dont get me wrong, he is a KING among engine builders, and If i had the kind of cash liek you do, I would have gone the same route.

Anyway, I think the car is worth 60K but in this current market I am thinking 25-30K and that's exactly what I'm getting.
I hear ya, and good luck with the sale

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I've always been told something is worth what people are willing to pay for it. But what do I know.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is a forum and sometimes it's a nice place to vent some frustration for me about things like nobody having any money in the country but that does not mean the comments some of you make mean anything.

If you have not built at least a 10 sec mustang, or built or owned anything in a professional racing caliber, then your opinion means absolutely squat cause you don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to value or cost of things - cause you have never done it.

Some of you (not you Kim) just be aware of that fact when you post your opinion on stuff that you know absolutely dick about.

I've really tried to just ignore all of this... But it is getting pretty hard to not say something. For the most part Mark, you are pretty good at letting things roll off your back. But just because you spent the last 5 years and how ever many 10s of thousands of dollars trying to win the big dick contest and now no one has the money to take your project off your hands doesn't mean you have to actually be a big dick to everyone. You need to give us little people who make a quarter what you do a year a break. We can't all be privileged.

Fact of the matter is.. as much as that poor car has gone through, and as documented as it is on every damn forum board you belong to, and your car domain site, and whatever other social sites.. it probably has people scared to buy it. It doesn't matter if you have spent $150k over the years building it and now want $23k for it. Most people are going to look at it as a $150k pain in the ass that you want $23k for. Unfortunate.. but it is just the way it is.

If I had the money I would buy the damn thing in a heart beat for two reasons. One... to play with because it HAS to be a fun toy, and two, to return mine to stock because I would then have a toy!. But I am one of those little people that just don't have the fucking jack to throw on the table.

Having said that... if you part it out I want first right of refusal on the block!!

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've always been told something is worth what people are willing to pay for it. But what do I know.

That, my friend is the most factual statement in this whole thread.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've really tried to just ignore all of this... But it is getting pretty hard to not say something. For the most part Mark, you are pretty good at letting things roll off your back. But just because you spent the last 5 years and how ever many 10s of thousands of dollars trying to win the big dick contest and now no one has the money to take your project off your hands doesn't mean you have to actually be a big dick to everyone. You need to give us little people who make a quarter what you do a year a break. We can't all be privileged.

I may have come off a little bitchy, but I still don't see how what I said equates to most of you taking it as high and mighty shit. I just don't like people telling me my car ain't worth shit cause it doesn't have cruise control and can take you to work every day when that person has never bought or sold a high dollar toy before. That is it - period.

I have been on my own since I was 16 years old and I left a lifer military family so that tells you right there what kind of 'affluence' I grew up with.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum - been poor, been wealthy, been poor again, and been wealthy again.

As a matter of fact, I have lost over $1M in the last 18 months and I am struggling bout the same as anyone right now just to keep food on the table but just keep pushing ahead and waiting for the tide to turn again.

We have been somewhat 'friends' for a while Doc, but 'privileged' is a slap in my face as I've had to work and fight for everything I ever got.

Fact of the matter is.. as much as that poor car has gone through, and as documented as it is on every damn forum board you belong to, and your car domain site, and whatever other social sites.. it probably has people scared to buy it. It doesn't matter if you have spent $150k over the years building it and now want $23k for it. Most people are going to look at it as a $150k pain in the ass that you want $23k for. Unfortunate.. but it is just the way it is.

That actually makes a lot of sense and didn't really think of it that way. Sadly, only the new owner will realize just how reliable and solid the killer is.

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Dont want to come off wrong but what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking. Seriously dude I love both the rides and even if I could afford the initial price I would be afraid If I were to fuck up and break something because then I would be sitting on a expensive fix. Not saying its not a solid car but some people get carried away with 'toys' and shit happens you know.

But who am I Im just a 20 year old college kid, Good Luck man and I hope you get what you want!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back