Chinese Header? Would you do it?

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Considering how difficult it is to install headers in these cars, I would not put a cheap part there. It would suck to have to do that job twice, because you wanted to save a few bucks.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most headers are made in China unless the manufacturer stats otherwise. The old adage "You get what you pay for." is as true today as the day it was first spoken. Regardless of it's Country of manufacturer, this holds true.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Most headers are made in China unless the manufacturer stats otherwise. The old adage "You get what you pay for." is as true today as the day it was first spoken. Regardless of it's Country of manufacturer, this holds true.

Not true. I've paid high price of MADE IN USA stuff and got very poor quality stuff. So it's not necessarily the price.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't think you guys read the listing. Maximizer. I am pretty sure that means it will maximize the power, and they aren't allowed to lie in advertising.

I say go for it, OP. And start saving money now for quality ones in about 1-2 years when these ones fall apart.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Seems like I paid not much more than that a few yrs ago for my BBK Ceramic long tubes and they fit great and have performed fantastic over the last several yrs! Maybe they have went up in price??

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low cost disappears

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
those look identical to the OBX headers I bought/installed 2 years ago. assembled well, good welds, thick flanges, installed as easy as you could expect for a header install, didn't have to mess w/ steering linkage. Re-used stock exhaust gaskets, the clamp that came to join the h-pipe was garbage, Still no rust on headers,would I buy them again HELL yes!

travelers

Reaction score
I went with ARH on both the '07 and '11 and the '07 was fairly easy to do. Now the '11 which I just installed last Saturday and they were a little bitch. But I did notice that you can pull the trans with out loosen the headers. Just something about if you have a stick.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heat wrap will speed up the destruction of the headers.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
But I did notice that you can pull the trans with out loosen the headers. Just something about if you have a stick.
Same thing on my auto. I was able to pull my transmission for my converter install with my ARH in place.

claudermilk

Reaction score
the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low cost disappears
WIN! I have to save that one for later.
clap.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back