Christmas A/C issues... :(

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Normally wouldn't be an issue but this is Louisiana and its hot and muggy here. On the way to some of the family's for some Christmas eating and notice on the way that the air was getting warm. When we arrived, I played with the settings and noticed what sounded like the air was having a hard time to blow. Almost like something was stuck in the air passage ways or something. It would blow cold/fine through the drivers side but warm and not as hard on the passenger side. Popped the hood and checked the cabin air filter just to see if I could see anything but it looked fine. Did notice some grime/residue above the ac compressor. Took the best pics I could. What do y'all think? I don't want to think the front cover is leaking since I'm having ac issues. Obviously it'll be going in for service tomorrow.

296nnly.jpg

2rhwmix.jpg

Last edited:

32V Stang

Reaction score
Do you have Dual Automatic temperature control? It sounds like the blend door for the passenger side is stuck.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Actually if the vehicle is low on freon then the drivers side which is furthest from the evap core can get warmer first!

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't reply back sooner fellas but no I don't have dual climate control. Good thinking on that one though, never crossed my mine about that. Maybe the non-dual climate car's have something similar? Maybe a DS fan blower and PS fan blower?

*Fixed/rotated pictures in OP.

Last edited:

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Dropped it off this morning. Just got a call that it's a stuck/leaking AC line. Part should be here tomorrow around noon and hopefully done by tomorrow COB.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Actually if the vehicle is low on freon then the drivers side which is furthest from the evap core can get warmer first!

That doesn't really make sense. It all comes from the same core. If the freon is low, the pump will cycle on and off, and it will blow warm(er) air out of all the vents equally.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
That doesn't really make sense. It all comes from the same core. If the freon is low, the pump will cycle on and off, and it will blow warm(er) air out of all the vents equally.

I had a 12 I recently worked on and for some reason I experienced that same issue. Freon was low but blew cold out of the passenger side. Did an evac and recharge with dye and AC blew Ice cold out of all the vents. It did not make sense to me either especially since the Core is towards the center of the dash on the S197

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I had/have this issue. I took mine into dealer and they replaced the suction line as it was leaking. They used the leak detector dye. Anyway this was about 3 weeks ago and now its blowing warm again so she'll be going in again. I suspect it will be the same hose leaking.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
What was the actual issue?

Ended up being the the A/C line leaking. Not sure the exact name of the line but it was the one circled in green:

4kzmtx.jpg

I had/have this issue. I took mine into dealer and they replaced the suction line as it was leaking. They used the leak detector dye. Anyway this was about 3 weeks ago and now its blowing warm again so she'll be going in again. I suspect it will be the same hose leaking.

Ah sucks man. I hope they figure out what the deal is. Definitely keep us up to date and let us know what's going on.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Yes this is the same line. If this time around it is in fact the same line, I will ask where it was leaking. I had a sweaty weekend...lol. I also had them checkout a noise in the rearend that I'm hoping is just an axle bearing. It's made the noise since the day I brought it home but the other day I drove it with the rear seat down and it definitely needs attention. But the circular scratchy sound is coming from the passenger rear and sounds like a bearing went out.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Ended up being the the A/C line leaking. Not sure the exact name of the line but it was the one circled in green:

4kzmtx.jpg

Ah sucks man. I hope they figure out what the deal is. Definitely keep us up to date and let us know what's going on.

So then I was correct. System was low on Freon. Not enough in the system for the blower to move across all the vents!

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, hopefully that's it man. I had a similar issue on a 98 GSX. Keep us up to date on everything.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back