Circle D Converter and 3rd gear

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
I installed my 3200 Circle D converter about 2 weeks ago and it flashes perfect. Coming up on the converter I can build it up to about 2300 rpm. My problem is when it hits 3rd at WOT when taking off hard while it spinning it dies out then picks right back up. I thought maybe it was a tune issue and that I would get bama to write a new tune. Well I got the tune today and put it on and its worse than before it falls back below 2500 rpm. Before the converter the car would spin half way through 3rd on a hard launch. Any ideas on what the issue would be. I ordered a set of mickey thompson today but if the car bogs this bad in 3rd with street tires they might be pointless. When it dies out in 3rd the check engine light comes on. P2004 and p2005 intake runner manifold stuck open. Bank 1 and 2.

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
be sure they lock the converter 2,3, and 4th gears wot.........do u have cmdp's?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Most likely Tune Related. Call and speak with the Head Tuner and explain what is happening. They just revised your tune and it got worse.

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
No i dont have cmdp. I have a set just haven't decided to put them on yet. Yes traction control is turned off. So my converter should only lock at WOT on 2nd 3rd and 4th?

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No i dont have cmdp. I have a set just haven't decided to put them on yet. Yes traction control is turned off. So my converter should only lock at WOT on 2nd 3rd and 4th?

It will lock based on what the tune (tuner) commands it to lock. I have a second tune for track use that locks my converter in ALL forward gears.

RH

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
cant lock in first.....theres no directed fluid passage in the trans to actuate t/c lock up in first.....you can lock it up on the 1-2 shift

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
install the cmdp's and have bama change the tune. make sure the tc locks wot 2,3,and 4th gear.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I installed my 3200 Circle D converter about 2 weeks ago and it flashes perfect. Coming up on the converter I can build it up to about 2300 rpm. My problem is when it hits 3rd at WOT when taking off hard while it spinning it dies out then picks right back up. I thought maybe it was a tune issue and that I would get bama to write a new tune. Well I got the tune today and put it on and its worse than before it falls back below 2500 rpm. Before the converter the car would spin half way through 3rd on a hard launch. Any ideas on what the issue would be. I ordered a set of mickey thompson today but if the car bogs this bad in 3rd with street tires they might be pointless. When it dies out in 3rd the check engine light comes on. P2004 and p2005 intake runner manifold stuck open. Bank 1 and 2.

This is pretty strange. Mike Wilson (our lead tuner) should have been the one who did the corrections when you were having problems. Shoot me over your order number and I'll have him take another look. Maybe there's something he missed by mistake. He does tune a ton of Circle D converters, so his auto tunes are usually spot on.

Get me the order number and we'll go from there!

Shane

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I sent all of your info over to Mike Wilson. He's going to give you a call tomorrow morning with any adjustments he might have found. We should be able to find some kind of solution this way. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Shane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back