Classified section specifically for 2011?

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
Is it possible that a "for sale" section can be created specifically for those folks searching for parts for their 2011+ car? I keep seeing something i want only to find out that it is for a 4.6! I know its petty but it would make us 2011+ owners happier, or it would me anyway!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Meh, I've been on forums that try to split things up like that. Interior, exterior, certain gen's... It just gets too messy and hard to manage.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Sorry.

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
Meh, I've been on forums that try to split things up like that. Interior, exterior, certain gen's... It just gets too messy and hard to manage.

I agree about not wanting to split up things into certain areas of the car. I don't like how other do that!

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Appreciate your consideration!!

I hate looking thru the classifieds and come up on a part I want only to find out it is for a '05-09 car! I am on a Miata forum where there is a drop down box when creating a for sale add for the generation of car such as NA, NB or NC. When this option is chosen, it says the generation in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well the posters should ID the parts for MY as well.

or use the search feature to isolate 2011+ MY

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
I hate when parts are listed with no year model listed

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I hate when people want money for the parts too.
It's nice how it is :)

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
well the posters should ID the parts for MY as well.

or use the search feature to isolate 2011+ MY

Thanks for the tip on how to use the search feature but I have that figured out. I may not post a bunch but I've been on and around forums for about 10 years. This section is for "suggestions, etc" and I made a suggestion. A response was given that obviously contained little thought or consideration! A lack of bandwidth or server space is understandable.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
maybe it was not a lack of thought..... maybe it was something that had been discussed by the staff on a few occasions previously..... don't be so quick to make a ASSumption

thanks

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
A big percent of the parts are interchangeable between the '11's and prior years, there really is no real reason to split them up. The search feature helps you find something specific, and our classifieds aren't "that" big that you can't browse through parts that don't fit to find parts that do.

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
too late I saw it............

As did everyone else that had posted! I figured I wouldn't continue with the childish crap going on in this damn thread.

My bottom line is that this is a forum to post suggestions and I did that. You gave me a baseless response and then you called me an ass. If you look at how long i have been a member, you should be able to realize i am aware of the search feature. Not that i care what you or anyone else in here says but whatever works out best for you!!

Now, please close and/or delete this useless thread.

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it Zach.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It'd benefit me to have a '11+ classified section, but since we never made a 4.0, 3.7, 5.4 sections, it would be fair to make one for the 5.0 guys.

Us 5.0 guys want it all! Hahaha! The Shelby guys never asked for this stuff.

I'm not singling you out either, we get a lot of requests for 5.0 specific sections like Chit Chat and Classifieds.

I find it interesting these requests only started coming from us 5.0 guys.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
My bottom line is that this is a forum to post suggestions

Now, please close and/or delete this useless thread.

So you want everyone to hear your opinion, but don't want to hear everyone else's opinion? Because that's what would happen if the thread got closed or deleted. They don't close or delete threads around here for that very reason.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol: again, it was not a baseline response, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with discussions in area's not view-able. you got all sarcastic as opposed to asking in a polite manner for a further explanation

I didn't call you can ass, I only implied it, don't get all butthurt on me now, if you "been a long time" member you should know better.

the thread stays so that others may search and find this information.

Thank you

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it Zach.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It'd benefit me to have a '11+ classified section, but since we never made a 4.0, 3.7, 5.4 sections, it would be fair to make one for the 5.0 guys.

Us 5.0 guys want it all! Hahaha! The Shelby guys never asked for this stuff.

I'm not singling you out either, we get a lot of requests for 5.0 specific sections like Chit Chat and Classifieds.

I find it interesting these requests only started coming from us 5.0 guys.

Thank you for the explanation! Im good with your response.

So you want everyone to hear your opinion, but don't want to hear everyone else's opinion? Because that's what would happen if the thread got closed or deleted. They don't close or delete threads around here for that very reason.

I dont have a problem with other peoples opinions! I seek opinions of other members on the other forums all the time. Its not a matter of getting an opinion I don't like!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the cold hard truth to the matter is the select few people that maintain this site spend about 3 times more time than they need to doing so. It's already a crap shoot for someone to get something in the correct classified forum (still have a hard time convincing people that a fucking tire is NOT S197 Mustang specific). Adding more forums would just increase the overhead on the staff. And like about half the other forums on here, people would post in the incorrect place, then bitch when it gets moved because "I wanted more visibility and people don't look at that other forum very often".

Not that it is a bad suggestion. It is just not really one that we are willing to take on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back