Claybar recommendations?

chon

Must install Paxton soon!
Reaction score
Anyone have some recommendations on some nice claybar that is easy on the paint and not ridiculous on price? Been using Adams claybar, stuff is really hard to work with.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I am interested also. I was thinking of going with a chemical guys clay bar and luber, would like to see what others do tough.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
I use a speedy prep towel and it is faster then the traditional clay bar with the same smooth finish and easy to clean and reusable (supposedly 100 cars, but we will see). It does leave marring but I always use a polish afterwards so that part doesnt bother me. For traditional clay bars, I think most are made by the same company (i may be wrong) so it more or less depends on what grade you want. Check out autogeek or a similar site for different grades. I have heard the OTC clays are just less aggressive then the stuff online, but I have never used mothers or Megs so i cannot confirm this.

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
This FTW!!!!!! I used this with CG luber and my PC. Did the whole car in 20 minutes!!! Stuff is magic!!!

I just bought a similiar product, Nanoskin Autoscrub and it works pretty well. I bought the fine grade. Might not pull of your serious contaminants as well as a normal clay but makes the process much easier/quicker.

28ONE

Reaction score
Now thats interesting. How well does it work? I have been using the mcguires claybar with chemical guys clay lube.

A bit costly up front but well worth it. Works great with CG Luber. Make sure you keep the paint lube though.

I just bought a similiar product, Nanoskin Autoscrub and it works pretty well. I bought the fine grade. Might not pull of your serious contaminants as well as a normal clay but makes the process much easier/quicker.

Agree you there with regards to the serious contaminants. Definitely makes the claying process easier and quicker.

This FTW!!!!!! I used this with CG luber and my PC. Did the whole car in 20 minutes!!! Stuff is magic!!!

I was skeptical at first but after using it for the first time, man makes claying so much easier and quicker.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score

28ONE

Reaction score
That's awesome. Do u guys see this being safe for black. I see both of u have black cars and I would love to use this instead of clay. What does the surface feel like?

Surface feels just as smooth as if you used a clay bar. I used the pad twice in the last 12 months. Most important thing to remember is to keep the pad and paint lubricated. I think I had my Flex set at 1 to 2.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Just used a Mother's claybar that I had sitting around. Started the process after removing some Plasti-Dip. Noticed that there was substantial overspray that wouldn't come off. It worked OK, but took quite a bit of work. I will be looking for something to replace it shortly.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Just used a Mother's claybar that I had sitting around. Started the process after removing some Plasti-Dip. Noticed that there was substantial overspray that wouldn't come off. It worked OK, but took quite a bit of work. I will be looking for something to replace it shortly.

I had some plasti-dip over spray too when I did my emblems. Had it taped off pretty good, but the dip shot out at crazy angles if I didn't clean the sprayer before each layer. Clay bar didn't do shit, but M205 with a red pad on my PC took it right off.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
What is the consensus on Pinnacle stuff? Found a nice kit for under $30.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on Pinnacle stuff? Found a nice kit for under $30.

I have a brick of their Ultra Poly Clay. I really like it. It's soft but still has lasted awhile. Easy to work with.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I jumped on it. Found it on Amazon with cheaper shipping than on AutoGeek.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Surface feels just as smooth as if you used a clay bar. I used the pad twice in the last 12 months. Most important thing to remember is to keep the pad and paint lubricated. I think I had my Flex set at 1 to 2.

Sweet...I'm getting it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back