Clean your filthy stereo!

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
My Shaker 500 had been acting up on me - not reading discs, ejecting discs, etc. I tried a Memorex cleaning CD, and the problem is fixed. Only took a couple minutes.

RoninGT

Reaction score
I tried a new Kenwood and same result!

However my player would not eject anything nor load anything. Just clicked, whirred and said CDError

Reaction score
What are these CDs that you speak of? Lol Just kidding of course, I am old enough to remember using them all the time. Now I have a JVC unit that and I just stream music from my phone. I’m not an audiophile so if there is a difference my ears can’t appreciate it and if I was an audiophile I would upgrade the speakers in my car anyways. For now, when I do drive it, I prefer to have the windows down and enjoy the sound of the car itself.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure I need to do this on both cars and the CD player n the house. I'm trying to imagine how the disk cleaner cleans anything. The CD's are read by a light as I recall.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I'm sure I need to do this on both cars and the CD player n the house. I'm trying to imagine how the disk cleaner cleans anything. The CD's are read by a light as I recall.
cleans dust off the lens of the VIS laser optic. Dust falls on the lens and blocks the beam. In theory...

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I assume you can get them at places like Staples, Best Buy, etc

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back