Cleaning WeatherTech floor mats

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I did search, and surprisingly, I couldn't find anything on this topic, so...

Simple Question, does anyone have a good product for effectively cleaning WeatherTech floor mats?

TIA

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used simple green and a gas power washer. The grey ones are horrible to get clean.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Simple green with a brush if they're completely soiled. The whatever detailer you use for the dash and wipe it down.

Or, QD the mat, then spray down with a pressure washer. That's how my detail guy does his, always come out mint.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
I use this on the OEM all weather floormats in my Mustang and F-150. Meguiar's APC (8:1 diluted) and a nylon bristle brush. I would assume the weather tech's are similar.

Spray on APC
Brush
Rinse
Let them dry in the sun.

Makes them as good as new.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, guys. Unfortunately, my PW went kaput last year, and I haven't replaced it yet. I guess I could always take them down to the local $0.25 car wash.

Been using a generic foaming APC that I had called Tuff Stuff, and a brush, but it's just not getting the job done. I'll try some Simple Green.

And cbass, this may be a dumb question, but what does "QD the mat" mean?

28ONE

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, guys. Unfortunately, my PW went kaput last year, and I haven't replaced it yet. I guess I could always take them down to the local $0.25 car wash.

Been using a generic foaming APC that I had called Tuff Stuff, and a brush, but it's just not getting the job done. I'll try some Simple Green.

And cbass, this may be a dumb question, but what does "QD the mat" mean?

I think Quick Detailer. After I initally cleaned the mats, I applied CarPro PERL and now it's a breeze to clean...

http://www.carpro-us.com/perl-plastic-engine-rubber-leather-500ml/

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Good to know. I've scrubbed the spit out of my Weathertechs in my truck and they look better but not nearly like I know they could.

28ONE

Reaction score
Good to know. I've scrubbed the spit out of my Weathertechs in my truck and they look better but not nearly like I know they could.

What are you using to clean them? Yeah I love PERL on the mats, doesn't make them shiny or greasy...

iwisefox

Reaction score
I used Simple Green let it soak and power washed at the local car wash.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back