Clutch hydraulic line retainer clip

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
soo after the trans install i went to put the hydraulic line back onto the slave and i managed to lose the small retainer clip. The one i need is the one on the 90degree elbow not the one above. I tried riggin it up with another clip i had bought from the store but it just kept slipping out when i would pump the clutch up.

Anyways..i tried finding the whole assembly as i was told by ford thats what i needed but from the pictures..i do NOT see that elbow piece in the assembly. 7A512 is the product #. But I just need the elbow connector or the retainer clip from the elbow connector if anyone could help.

I attached a picture of the clip i need. Its the red arrow fyi

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I might have a spare one laying around from my stock clutch line... i'll let you know.

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
I just ordered the whole new assembly so I could get the car moving again. Thanks tho

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
This brings back memories lol, I had the same thing happen to me and what I did was swing by pep boys and they have an assortment of clips that come in a kit. There is one that is kinda small, in the shape of the style of clip for a revicer pin, for a reciver hitch. I used that one and had to do a few minor tweaks. Its been in my car for 2 years now and made 20 or 30 passes down the track. Hope it all works out for ya

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
I got the SAME assortment but guess i tweaked with the wrong clip lol but its ok, my dad is the one who actually lost it when he was cleaning up my tools that he didnt tell me about. So he is paying for it anyways

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
thats exactly what happened to me except it was a buddy that cleaned up for me haha, thats cool that he bought it for you. Yeah it took a few trys to get it just right, the trick was, you have one side that is straight and the other that has a wave, leave the straight side alone, you have to reshape the end where the clip bends around and at the end of the wave straighten out the angled tip. Sorry if the description is alittle weird but thought I'd post incase someone else has our bad luck lol

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
Well got under the car to see that my clip held up just fine. I had forgotten that I took the one above that one off when i was first getting the line disconnected but failed so i moved down to the next clip. So i made one up for that and its working perfect. The car is back in running order! :thumb:

now to try and return that part I bought....:argh:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back