clutch issue??

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 gt, 3.31 gear car, with the lovely mt82 trans and just under 8k miles. Up until yesterday i have not had any issues with the trans. Yesterday I was out in the car and ran it up to about 6800-7000 in first gear, when i pushed the clutch pedal in to shift second the pedal stayed at the floor for a second or two after i let my foot off of it. This happened again later on the same way. I a few pulls with less throttle and not as aggressive of shifting and it didnt happen. What is this issue caused by?? I know its under warranty and I can take it to Ford (well hopefully, it has o/r x, cold air,tune) and they may or may not agree to warranty it. But if Ford is fixing it with the same parts that cause it this may be a regular thing. If there is a way for me to fix it myself and avoiding this reoccuring issued then that may be a better route! Anyone suggest taking off the mods to take it in? I have heard they can check anyway to see...not sure it matters. Any input would be appreciated guys. Thanks

-Mike

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
My car was built 8/10. I did search and have been reading the different trans threads as the come up. I did not see answers to the questions I was asking. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
Yes as did I. I was asking for suggestions on should I bother with ford? Im willing to spend the money to buy aftermarket if that will be a better solution. I have read that my issue can be as simple as the bolts backing out, or caused from over centering of the clutch. But the may be someone out there who has tried somethimg different that worked or has a different idea. They may not have started a thread about it either. So besides the try the search function idea, do u have any other thoughts on this issue?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
take your mods off, and take it to Ford, and have them replace the clutch pedal.. there is a TSB for it. the clutch issue and pedal issue is 2 totally different things.

Last edited:

Reaction score
He would not have to take off any of his modifications to have a TSB performed. TSB's are for known issues and modifications are out of the equation...

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would remove the mods just so the dealership doesn't decide to check your PCM. If they do, and you've been running a tune, they will void your engine warranty.

Ford really is getting serious about tunes and mods on these 5.0's. Almost Subaru crazy.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I would remove the mods just so the dealership doesn't decide to check your PCM. If they do, and you've been running a tune, they will void your engine warranty.

Ford really is getting serious about tunes and mods on these 5.0's. Almost Subaru crazy.

this is why I said remove everything including the tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back