Clutch pedal wiring harness for neutral safety switch

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a small wiring harness that will connect to the cruise deactivation switch and neutral safety switch that I am supposed to get/buy when I do a 5r55s to tr3650 swap? I have found only 1 plug that is not being used up under my dash that is in the vicinity of the red/black cruise deactivation switch near the top of the clutch pedal. The issue is that it is a completely different connector. It is a grey female end with 3 prongs inside it, the clutch pedal cruise deactivation switch is a female 2 prong, the neutral safety switch is also a female 2 prong. All 3 of them are different style plugs.

My guess is that there is supposed to be some sort of harness that plugs into that one female 3 prong that runs and connects to both the cruise deactivation and neutral safety?

The only other electrical connection that is not being used is by the floor air duct, it has 12 pin locations, only 8 of which are being used. Inserted into this connection is a barbed green plastic cap inserting into each terminal.

I dont really care too much about the neutral safety, its whatever, but Id really like my cruise to work and I dont think it will without both cruise switches functioning.

Grey female 3 wire is 1st pic, 1 wire is black/yellow, another is green/purple, last is blue/pink
Cruise deactivation switch plugin is 2nd pic
Neutral safety switch plugin is 3rd pic
4th pic is the only other electrical connection not being used but had the green insert in it.
5th pic is the green cap

20220226_144835.jpg

20220226_162547.jpg

20220226_145138.jpg

20220228_132126.jpg

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
Ok I talked with Ford and it seems that the wiring harness that I'm looking for is discontinued. Does anyone know if I can buy one used somewhere? Or maybe if someone has got one I can buy?
I live in Manitoba, it's gonna be hard for me to find a wrecked manual car in the junkyards around here.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I don’t know what harness you need “if any” to make that clutch pedal circuit work but I believe you have the wrong switch. That circuit will work with a single pole double throw switch. The black/yellow wire is grounded and would be the common side of the switch. The green/violet wire connects to the normally closed side of the switch and would deactivate cruise when opened. The blue/orange wire connects to the normally open side of the switch and will allow engine crank when closed.
If I remember correctly my 2010 GT actually uses two single pole switches to do the same thing with the three wires. One switch is NO, the other is NC.
I tapped into the blue/orange to use as a trigger for a two step.

totaljustice

Reaction score
You can go to https://www.car-part.com/mobile/index.htm . It's a salvage yard parts site that will search every junkyard in North America for parts. Be aware though that a lot of American junkyards won't ship to Canada. I have been told though that if you find a part and take the info to a local scrap yard, sometimes they can order from the US people on your behalf with no BS. Good luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back