Coil Packs and Spark Plugs

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
Is there a DIY for this? I just changed the coil packs and spark plugs on my step brothers RX8 and Mazda said to change theirs every 30,000 miles. Does anyone know about the Ford coil packs? Has anyone even changed them yet?

Heres a link of what they look like and pricing:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-mustang-ignition.html

Also is there a difference between the coil packs that they offer for sale or should I stick with the Ford coil packs?

I am asking this because I am about rounding 30,000 miles and I want to keep up on maintenance.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check the service manual for the interval. I would change just the plugs if you want. ford wants 80$ a piece for those cops.
Its really quit simple if you just look at them you will figure out how to remove them. Unplug, and one little bolt on each cop.

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
Check the service manual for the interval. I would change just the plugs if you want. ford wants 80$ a piece for those cops.
Its really quit simple if you just look at them you will figure out how to remove them. Unplug, and one little bolt on each cop.

yeah american muscle is a lot cheaper but I don't know the brands that they are offering and I dont know if they are crap or not.

Back