Cold Air Intake? And Which

smillysmile

Reaction score
Hello everyone recently got a 09 California special and I'm looking into getting a CAI but good lord there's so many options. So my question is CAI worth buying and what ones should I look at? My buddies are major K&N freaks in there F-250s so idk. I want one that will work with a tune later on (not anytime soon)
Thanks in advance

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:thud:

search_it_noob.gif

This is not like most other boards -

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30272

http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89602

moved

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'll bite and see if I get bitched out for helping LOL. I like my Air Raid CAI and have had it for about 6 years now. Doubt there were any gains without a tune but liked that it had a removable tube in it so I didn't have to tune it right away. Also loved the difference in sound with the CAI compared to the stock airbox.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I'm guessing if the 4.6 S197's have similar intakes to the Coyotes, none are really going to do you much good in the power department, but if you just want something that looks cool under the hood, just look at them on-line and buy the best looking one that doesn't require a tune for the most bang, or bling for the buck.

Yes, I think you could've searched this one, but I also don't see how it's hurting anything either, so my theory is "ask away" if you have a question. If people really didn't want to gripe about it, they would scroll right past it and let it die.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm guessing if the 4.6 S197's have similar intakes to the Coyotes, none are really going to do you much good in the power department, but if you just want something that looks cool under the hood, just look at them on-line and buy the best looking one that doesn't require a tune for the most bang, or bling for the buck.

Yes, I think you could've searched this one, but I also don't see how it's hurting anything either, so my theory is "ask away" if you have a question. If people really didn't want to gripe about it, they would scroll right past it and let it die.

Wrong. 3Vs actually benefit from a CAI.

It's called not having the same damn simple question asked over and over and over. We don't need to hold hands here. People can do their homework before asking a question. It's not that hard to search and read.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Oh well, suppose I'll just add more fuel to the fire here as well.. Anyway 07TGGT is absolutely 100% spot on about the 05-09 3valves benefiting from CAI's..

With a 93 octane tune, they've been well known for getting up to 25-30 additional RWHP with the JLT series III, C&L racer, Steeda 90mm and Airaid race CAI's in which I've seen dyno results to back it up..

As for the 5.0 Coyote 4v's.. I'm not very familiar as to how much they either benefit or don't benefit from running CAI's, but I don't see why they wouldn't benefit from a custom dyno or custom mail order tune along with any of the top of the line CAI's :shrug:

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
11+ stock air box is very efficient, most of the gains come from the 91/93 and tune.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Wrong. 3Vs actually benefit from a CAI.

It's called not having the same damn simple question asked over and over and over. We don't need to hold hands here. People can do their homework before asking a question. It's not that hard to search and read.
ok.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Greg ! What is the MAF housing size for the 11+ Airbox ? If the diameter is 95mm or more, I'd be interested into finding out if one can be fabricated to fit on a 05-09 GT 3 valve :shrug:

-Rocky

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would look on Airaid's website as they have no tune required CAI which means it has to be the same size diameter as stock with the insert, it may say on there.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Actually I used to have the Airaid CAI for the 05-09 3 valves, however since upgrading to FI.. I had to sell my Airaid intake, as the intake tube will not fit on a Saleen supercharger kit, due to the re-positioning of the alternator..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back