Collect old comics?

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I haven't collected comics since I was a teen.
But recently my brother was digging around some old boxes we were keeping in his basement and found a bunch of old comics we used to collect including these gems.

I haven't seen them in over 20 years.

Attachments

• av2.JPG
    av2.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 15
  • dd1.JPG
    dd1.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 11

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
That Evengers MAY be worth something.

My friends Dad bought 3 comic stores inventory when they went outa biz in the 80's, he kept them in hopes that the value would go up, then video games became the new trend and comic prices plunged.

A few years ago my buddy and i cherry picked through 10k comics, we priced them with a 1993 price guide cause it was lying around, when we priced them with an internet price guide we found that alot of comics that had value in 93 were worthless 10 yrs later. It was only those that had first appearances of other charactors that held value.

Pretty cool though, to see the ads of yesteryear and remember the excitement we had for these works of pop art.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I've got a few from the 80s that have ads that feature such role models as Pete Rose and O.J. Simpson LOL.

Steve@T

Torq Sales
Reaction score
I have easily over 10 or more comic book boxes filled with all sorts of stuff. One day I'd like to sell them to someone but man, I have to get them valued. I know some dropped in price, but I have some that for sure went up too.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I have to get them valued. I know some dropped in price, but I have some that for sure went up too.

Thers tons of resources online to price the books, just take you some time, pay a kid to do it for you, $5 an hour, hell be done in a few hours.

Trust me, 90% of you collections value has plummeted but there are a few books that have value, i figured the X men stuff would be worth something since theres so many movies these days but they are not worth what they sold for originally, you may have some gems though... but i found the only ones worth something were from the 60's.

Steve@T

Torq Sales
Reaction score
Thers tons of resources online to price the books, just take you some time, pay a kid to do it for you, $5 an hour, hell be done in a few hours.

Trust me, 90% of you collections value has plummeted but there are a few books that have value, i figured the X men stuff would be worth something since theres so many movies these days but they are not worth what they sold for originally, you may have some gems though... but i found the only ones worth something were from the 60's.

Unfortunately, my collection is in a place not close to mine. I have a lot from the 30's, 40's, and up that are in great condition. Not too mention a ton of older graphic novels from the 80's. I used to hit auctions with my Dad way before they were hip to go to, and got to buy out of bankrupt stores stock lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back