Coloring Seat Leather

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this product or similar to restore faded seats? I have some wear on my drivers seat and looking to repair, just light fading not serious cracking. Watched a lot of youtube vids on similar products but never seen results in person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-SEAT-LE...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27a6bd1ad3

My seat with faded edge.

bbCi9z3.jpg

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I have never used it, but IMO it looks like a $40 rip off. Post in the WTB section or look on evilbay for a new seat cover so you know it will look ok.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
The only coloring option that I know works reasonably well is SEM Color Coat. The issue will be cleaning and priming it. You would have to do the whole seat to get it to match and then the rear and passenger seat as well. You would be money and time ahead as doing like rcm90 suggested and finding a takeoff factory cover.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
ive used the SEM on hard plastic parts and it worked pretty good. I bought a car that someonr tried to use it on the seats, I don't know how long it had been on there but by the time I bought the car it started flaking off. I remember getting out of the car with black flakes on my pants.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
It wasn't prepped properly if it was flaking off. If the cleaner, adhesion promoter, then the color coat, then clear is applied correctly it will never flake off. It may wear off like the coloring the leather has now but shouldn't flake.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a shot, I've never really done any interior work like recovering seats. I guess it's about time to learn something here, I prefer DIY. I'm going to buy some Furniture Clinic Leather restore, I like the idea of being able to blend to my color of gray. If it doesn't work out I'll spring for a new cover.http://www.furnitureclinic.com/Easy_Leather_Restoration_Kit.php
And after reading so many threads now on these big hp builds and costs, I've decided to be happy with what's under my hood enjoy doing some other mods.

Thank's for the feedback, I'll post up my success or failure pics as soon as it's done

Last edited:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lets us know how that works out. My leather has had better days.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back