Conformation: NO ONE installed IAT ON FRPP manifold?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I cant believe I have to beta test this.. someone please tell me they have done it.
There is a 2-3" place in back that looks like I can put one but its too close to the firewall.

I have a plastic threaded IAT on the way and want to put it on the end runner but the plastic is very thin there. I was thinking of placing a nylon nut inside to hold it in and use some goop or silicon sealant.. I dont know if it will hold.. but I just cant find anyone that has done it..

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Iirc,
Brenspeed had one for sale on the classifieds a while back that had it installed in a runner.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Yea, brenspeed uses the passenger side, second runner from the front back.... But I have yet to hear of someone doing this.... Honestly, i was planning on doing this to my manifold next month.... Im not 100% sure, but I think Lightblade might have did this too his....

lostsoul

Reaction score
What's conformation??

Its like confirmation ... but more formal :whistling:

Yea, brenspeed uses the passenger side, second runner from the front back.... But I have yet to hear of someone doing this.... Honestly, i was planning on doing this to my manifold next month.... Im not 100% sure, but I think Lightblade might have did this too his....

No.. Lightblade is not quite mechanically inclined as me and some other hard core members.. Though he knows 20" chrome rims and LED halo lights like no ones business :nana:

I PM'ed Brenspeed already and we will see what they say.. I hope they have pics and tell me how they did it.. It might be as easy as popping the hole and use some high temp silicon ..

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^
lol turbo envy?

But yeah you couldnt pay me to tap the frpp manifold. It makes me cringe thinking about it.
I have no need for meth right now anyways, so my iat will stay with the maf.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its like confirmation ... but more formal :whistling:

No.. Lightblade is not quite mechanically inclined as me and some other hard core members.. Though he knows 20" chrome rims and LED halo lights like no ones business :nana:

I PM'ed Brenspeed already and we will see what they say.. I hope they have pics and tell me how they did it.. It might be as easy as popping the hole and use some high temp silicon ..

For being a hard core member, you don't try very hard. Let me show you what a little bit of work will get you, all of about 45 seconds.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49544

lostsoul

Reaction score
crap.. I just got owned!

images

That is funny.. I searched for it on here and Google and even asked in other threads.. . Well now you know why I had to post it out again....

Always remember... knowing is half the battle

1407200997812gijoeknowing.jpg

lostsoul

Reaction score
no problem.. haha..

a person with my high skill set taks a little longer to.... spot things.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back