Coolant Crossover differences

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
So I'm doing a turbo install on my 08 GT, and I'm looking at the directions and its having me take the coolant hoses off and it doesnt make any sense. I believe that the kit is designed for a coolant crossover that is on the earlier Mustangs. My question is mainly whats the difference between the two? I have the modified hoses/thermostat housing that came with the kit, so I'm trying to figure out how to go about installing it. Am I going to need to get the older crossover? Or can I make it work with what I have? Thanks.

I searched for a while and could only find WTB/WTS ads looking for one or the other.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Don't use the older style, use yours. The 07+ is a lot easier to work with, a lot less mess and less hoses. Just discard those hoses. Only issue you may have with the 07+ hoses is the upper hose hitting the exhaust housing. If that's the case then you can replace that upper hose with a solid pipe.

2c29cc68.jpg

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
While I am at it, where did you relocated your PS reservoir? My instructions say to the passenger side strut tower, but I see Vortech has you move it to the passenger side core support. Curious to see what people like better.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
20b8ea6c.jpg

Most recent location

2-12-9004.jpg

More common place people relocate them too, just make sure to use HD transmission hose, heater hose will dissolve.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back