COP wire upgrade, mystery red wire that goes too....?

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
2006 GT, I am replacing the COP wire from the BEC to the COP's back to the PCM. I have the driver side 12V feed fully traced out. The passenger side I have traced all the coils and the ignition transformer capacitor, BUT there is a stray red wire that branches off that side and goes under the car in the wire loom. The Passenger side wire diagram has a red 12V wire from the PCM to splice S119. S119 has 7 total wires making it up: 1 12V feed, 4 coil wires, 1 ignition capacitor, and 1 mystery. From S119 the mystery goes to connector C110 PIN 2. Does it terminate there or come out of PIN 2 on the other side of C110 and travel under the car? I have removed the loom all the way to where it goes under the car.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If I recall, it terminates there and is not used. You could do a continuity check on the other side of c110. Or, look at the wiring diagrams' connector pinouts for c110; a couple pins are not used.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
I have been looking at diagrams and C110 is not shown with the coil circuit. The matching out PIN does not have a wire, and I didn't know if the connector had multiple outs for a single in or not. I have been using a multimeter at work so I havnt bought one yet for home, besides the accuracy if the bad ass one we have at work way out shines anything I could ever afford for home. I was cussing myself last night for not having one too. Thank you for the info!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I think you need to trace your red wire back to the pcm. I think you have the red wire that goes to your injectors. s109 going to f6 c1035b is the injector power feed. This splice is the only one I know of that has seven red wires.

For the cops you need. the dual red wires that come from c5 c1035b to s119 and s104.

Look in the wiring manual on pages 24-1 and 24-2. It would be an easy mistake. The easy way to tell is the COPs have two red wires in the same pin at the pcm and the injectors only have one.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
I have double checked and used zip ties to help trace the wires, so I am 99% sure I have the correct wire. Doesent go to say I am still wrong though. What I found last night is COP's S119 and Inj S107 share C110, COP's go to PIN 2 and Inj go to PIN 10. I just wanted to be sure that the COP wire terminated in PIN 2 or went somewhere else. The driverside matched the diagram, In my buisness I shouldn't have expected everything to match what is drawn.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
C110 pin 1 is the COP circuit 1118 and pin two is to the PVC heater circuit 1715.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Ok then, I need to retrace tonight. You must have better diagrams than the online one, I have gone through then very slowly 3x looking for circuit 1118 connecting to C110. I did recently find it labling PIN 2 to the AC Clutch, so I messed up or the '05 and '06 pinouts differ. I just wanted to be sure that wire did not affect anything else in C110 before I decided to terminate it and not wire it in with my upgrade.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Retraced, I am 100% S119 has 7 wires, one going to pin 2 on c110 (top corner furthest from the motor).

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just giving you what I have in my 06 Mustang Wiring Diagram manual I got from Ford and wired my car with. Proceed with caution.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
When you trace your wires back to the pcm from each side do you find two red wires in the same pin or one wire feeding both sides?

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
2 wires in the same pin. Monday night I am going to start cutting and splicing, I will cut the wire at the coil first and untangle it back to its origin just to be sure. Thank you for your help. See ya'll on the other side!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
2 wires in the same pin. Monday night I am going to start cutting and splicing, I will cut the wire at the coil first and untangle it back to its origin just to be sure. Thank you for your help. See ya'll on the other side!

Good luck! I did a wiring job from hell on mine with a 6 mo. break in the middle! I feel your pain. Let me know if you need anything.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it started and idled to warmup without that mystery wire connected. Going to drive it to work tonight and finish stuffing wires into looms. Thank for ya'lls help! I got some pics and hope to have time to do an official diy thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back