Corner weighed my car today

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Thanks. For some reason, I thought these cars were heavier. Your car is 3420#''s without you in it. You could get well below 3400# by just removing the jack, spare, and passenger seat?

Yeah, that would do it..I think between those two you're in the 70# range. By full street trim, I mean FULL...floor mats, console full of junk, glove box had a few things in it, etc. Could be another 6-8# there. Guy who weighed the car was baffled at how it weighed little more than an R32. I've been curious about the weights of these cars since there seems to be a huge spread, with some guys pushing 3700-3800..but I guess another 100# of driver wouldn't be toooo unusual (this is America after all :beerdrink:), then add a blower and things add up quickly. I wonder if there's any additional sound deadening or anything with the base vs. premium models? Doubtful, but who knows.

I guess worth noting is I had GT500 brakes and heavy duty control arms adding weight, but I also had coilovers and light wheels to counter those..if it's not a wash I'd bet it's close.

Back