Finally got my car weighed

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those things remind me of a kit car for some reason...
I sat in one b4 buying the stang (not that I could have afforded it, but we looked anyway), and you're right...plain ass aluminum insides, typical Brit sports car...with the electrics to prove it!

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the concept - bare-bone car. If more companies applied the same logic Lotus does, we wouldn't need 500 HP engines to make the cars do 0-60 in 5 seconds. I mean, really...who needs carpet and power seats?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
0-60 in 5 seconds??? We want 500hp cars to do 0-100 in 7 seconds. :leghump:

100 kilometers per hour? :shock:

Seriously, though...doesn't the GT500 get to 60 in just under 5 seconds? The Lotus is half the weight (and less than half the power) and it gets there just as quick, plus it handles and stops better, and gets better fuel mileage. And is probably a hell of a lot more fun to drive around a track.

I like big V8s and I like lightweight efficient cars - why can't we have both? :sick:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
100 kilometers per hour? :shock:

Seriously, though...doesn't the GT500 get to 60 in just under 5 seconds?
A bone stock Mustang GT (not a GT500) should be able to do 0-60mph in around 5.2 seconds. At least that's what all the tests I saw said. And my G-meter registered about 5.0 when all I had was CAI/tune and gears.

As far as the 0-100mph... I have a timeslip that says 7.0sec @ 98mph. Since the trap speed is an average of the last 60 feet (which means it's actually running faster than 98mph at the stripe), then it's safe to say I've run 0-100mph in 7 seconds. And my G-meter has shown 0-60mph in 3.0 seconds. I've compared the G-meter to timeslips at the track, and it's within a 0.10 sec in the 1/8-mile, so even the worst case would be 0-60mph in 3.1 sec.

Oh BTW, my local track had the 330-foot incremental mph listed on the timeslip for the first time this last week at the track. The best 330' incremental (with really bad air) was 4.70 @ 75mph. Not too bad for a 100-meter dash. :clap:

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A bone stock Mustang GT (not a GT500) should be able to do 0-60mph in around 5.2 seconds. At least that's what all the tests I saw said. And my G-meter registered about 5.0 when all I had was CAI/tune and gears.

As far as the 0-100mph... I have a timeslip that says 7.0sec @ 98mph. Since the trap speed is an average of the last 60 feet (which means it's actually running faster than 98mph at the stripe), then it's safe to say I've run 0-100mph in 7 seconds. And my G-meter has shown 0-60mph in 3.0 seconds. I've compared the G-meter to timeslips at the track, and it's within a 0.10 sec in the 1/8-mile, so even the worst case would be 0-60mph in 3.1 sec.

Oh BTW, my local track had the 330-foot incremental mph listed on the timeslip for the first time this last week at the track. The best 330' incremental (with really bad air) was 4.70 @ 75mph. Not too bad for a 100-meter dash. :clap:

As long as I'm sub 5 second (say 4.7) 0-60 mph, with the minimal mods I have (C&L+Bamachips 93Race, Spydershaft, CHE UCA), I'm happy. I guess I need a G-Meter so I can verify....anyone have one in the Houston area they'll lend/rent me?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back